PDA

View Full Version : CPL / IR Test Routes

Yvanski
2nd Sep 2004, 21:28
Wondering if any of you kept the details of the routes they flew for their CPL and IR test.

Just post the routes in this topic if you don't mind (approaches performed too if remembered).

This topic could become a good resource for flight training preparation.

Regards to all.

mbcxharm
3rd Sep 2004, 01:31
IR test route:
Bouremouth to Cardiff and back via ADSON EXMOR then radar vectored ILS at Cardiff followed by go-around and simulated engine failure. Once engine failure dealt with departed Cardiff on track to YVL for general handling. Then direct to the Bournemouth NDB (can't remember what it's called) for a hold followed by procedural NDB approach (single engine) to a go-around followed by visual circuit to a single-engine landing.

Thankfully, my mind hasn't blanked it out yet...It has done for my CPL test though...

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
3rd Sep 2004, 10:24
for leeds from what i remember (been a while now !)

3 routes all start POL sid

then either direct BPL or aiways to teeside or humberside

followed by hold,NDB/DME, engine failure on go around recover head back followed by general handling/partial panel on the way into a single engine ILS goaround into visual bad weather circuit to land.

wat a bitch of a flight - sounds so easy above to !

Baron buzz
3rd Sep 2004, 15:45
From Bournemouth:

To adson, exmor to either Exeter, Filton, Bristol, Yeovil or Cardiff.

To adson to Southampton, then thred/nedle to BIA.

To thred, ortac then Alderney.

I believe I covered most of the above in my training!

carbonfibre
3rd Sep 2004, 16:06
I got BIA - thred - ortac - aldeney

Hold NDB no DME, let down to MDA go around, engine failure on the go around, direct to Ortac while cleaning the aircraft up, DR to BIA , general handling on way back, then single engine Radar Vectored ILS to DA, go around single engine into the visual circuit to land

2 hours and 10 mins of what i have to say was a very nice examiner, even if i had failed he made the test day seem much more pleasurable than i had anticipated. Nerves were very much like everyone elses on the day just try not to let it ruin your flying:ok:

EGBKFLYER
3rd Sep 2004, 18:43
IR from Bristol:

Dct Cardiff for 2 engine RV ILS, EFATO, 2 eng climb dct BCN ALVIN GST (Gloucester) for single engine NDB and missed approach, gen handling and back to Bristol for a visual single engine landing.

Watch out for funny vectors/ general mucking about in the BCN area - I lost the plot a bit there and that was my partial sorted! The controller even apologised for 'all the vectors but it's a bit congested at FL90 there these days'.

I'll post the CPL route when I do it in a couple of weeks...

Yvanski
4th Sep 2004, 15:03
Good sample so far. Thanks for the replies.

Keep them coming.

Cheers.

ggpmw
4th Sep 2004, 19:28
OK... Bournemouth last Month... IRT for me:

Adson Exmor N864 Rad Vect ILS EGTE Simulated engine failure Gen Handling S/E Hold Proc NDB Visual Circuit to land...

Yup... just about it :cool:

GusHoneybun
5th Sep 2004, 18:29
CPL from Stapleford
Route from Stapleford to a village just outside of Ashford (can't remember the name) and the diverted to Borough Green.

IR from Perth (the one in scotland not aus)

P600 RV 2 engine ILS @ ADN. EFATO. Back down the P600 to DND for a single engine NDB/DME break visual and then Single engine landing. After that a bit of Partial Panel and UA's, stalls and the such like. The examiner was very relaxed, and after about 10 mins forgot the he was there.