PDA

View Full Version : Is a vote for Howard a vote for Dick Smith?

jindavik
2nd Sep 2004, 11:50
Would another term for Howard give us another 3 years of Airspace chaos? Would Dick Smith have the same free range under Labor? If the Libs. get in again would we have John Anderson as the minister of transport again?

Binoculars
2nd Sep 2004, 13:20
I'm not sure what the motivation is behind this post, jindavik, but it's an interesting series of questions.

I think answering Q3 first, there is little chance of the disastrous JA being left in charge of a portfolio of which he has little understanding and which has been a total disaster for the Howard government. Fortunately for said government, nobody outside the aviation industry really cares. A simple move sideways (unless John wants to "spend more time with his family") will be all that's required if Howard gets in.

Questions 1 and 2 are answered by Q3.

Shitsu-Tonka
2nd Sep 2004, 13:27
Just an observation Bino's: if JA does become Transport Minister again, you will have to change your sign off from 'Just Binos' to 'Binos and an SSR', or maybe, 'Binos, an SSR and no Airplanes who can afford to pay for it anymore'.

So..... Who is the REAL Minister for Transport in Australia? ? ? ?

http://****sutonka.port5.com/ds.jpg

MoFo
2nd Sep 2004, 22:58
Hey. Great photo from the Seventies.

Even his own missus wouldn't recognise him from it, now he's aged and got grey hair.

jindavik
2nd Sep 2004, 23:01
4 eyes (Bino) thanks for your reply. My motivation for starting this thread is simple. NAS debate has dominated this site for some time. We should be focused on what a vote for Howard means. Australian airspace is our workplace. If a government cannot keep our workplace safe maybe we should be looking at a government who can. What further damage can Dick do to our industry in the next three years?

Howard Hughes
2nd Sep 2004, 23:09
I would like to think that a vote for Howard or Latham is not a vote for Dick Smith!!

Unfortunately with airspace reform/management flying so low on the radar, I dont think either party will pay much notice to it during the campaign. I mean they have far more pressing issues like bagging out the other side to worry about!!

It'll be a big lucky dip, you wont know what you are getting till sometime in the future, when it will be all too late........

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

oldhasbeen
3rd Sep 2004, 00:04
From that photo of the Dickmeister, I would have to say that he uses the same barber as Donald Trump and no matter who gets elected next month, I'm betting they don't legislate to make those " doos" illegal :O

RTB RFN
3rd Sep 2004, 10:32
I will vote for an Australian, remember those!