PDA

View Full Version : New RYR routes from PIK

Findo
2nd Sep 2004, 08:41
Some new routes to be announced at 1030 this morning.

My guess is Malmo and Carcassonne.

sparkymarky
2nd Sep 2004, 09:22
Hamburg (ish)
Dusseldorf (ish)
Pisa
Murcia

Nice!! And I made Hamburg and Murcia 1 and 2 on my guess list last time :ok:

Findo
2nd Sep 2004, 09:49
Of course Sparky I naturally assumed that Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Pisa and Murcia were to be announced today....... I just speculated that next time they would announce Malmo and Carcassonne :O :O

Hamburg (Lubeck) -Starts 01-Mar-05
Dusseldorf (Niederrhein) -Starts 08-Nov-04
Pisa -Starts 01-Mar-05
Murcia -Starts 01-Mar-05

sparkymarky
2nd Sep 2004, 09:57
To be fair Findo, I am surprised that with four new routes launched, Carcassone hasn't made it in.

Scots must prefer paella and pizza, instead of foie gras.

I'm sure Scottish Enterprise will be delighted with two new German routes in particular. Why are three of the routes supported by the development fund and one not?

Findo
2nd Sep 2004, 10:09
The analysis for support is done on business generated by the route and economic gain to Scotland. This is particularly incoming business traffic and tourists.

Would Murcia be the one not supported as it would be a mainly outbound tourist route ?

sparkymarky
2nd Sep 2004, 11:32
Sounds a likely explanation.

signeti
2nd Sep 2004, 20:59
unless ryanair are gonna chop flights to somewhere i dont see them fitting 4 new long routes in to the tight schedule, guess this means a fifth aircraft for prestwick ....must be getting fairly crowded up there by now with 4 738's there at present ......:p

Runway 31
2nd Sep 2004, 21:25
They will have 5 flights taking off around 0700 so at least a 5th plane will be needed. Brilliant news, can't wait to fly direct for Tuscany

Findo
2nd Sep 2004, 22:27
Not yet confirmed but PIK are expecting a 5th 737-800 to be based in March. Small beer by southern standards but good employment news at PIK :D :D

sparkymarky
3rd Sep 2004, 08:48
good employment news at PIK

Well said Findo. Much as we all have a specific interest in aviation, we should never lose track of the fact that in the broader scheme of things, these new routes and aircraft will mean more jobs, more tourists, the opportunity to develop new business links, higher economic growth and a benefit to the nation.

Flyin' High
3rd Sep 2004, 09:20
Findo,

The 5th aircraft was confirmed in the announcement, It will arrive in ealry March to operate the new schedule.

Findo
3rd Sep 2004, 16:52
and apparently a 6th and more to come !!! :ok: Bound to be a Carcassonne service in there somewhere ;)

From today's Scotsman -

"He said Prestwick, which is already Ryanair’s fourth-largest operating base, would expand further because of the airline’s engineering centre there which services aircraft.

The new routes will see a fifth Boeing 737-800 based at the Ayrshire airport, with the airline on course to add another every year.

He said possible future routes could include Santander in northern Spain, Venice, Sardinia and Sicily, along with destinations in southern France.

The most popular existing routes from Prestwick may also see more frequent flights from next summer, such as to Barcelona Girona, Frankfurt, Bergamo and Stockholm Skavsta. Mr Cawley said Ryanair’s expansion would make Prestwick Scotland’s third busiest airport this year, pushing Aberdeen into fourth place. "

kpiko3
4th Sep 2004, 11:53
Now 17 Ryanair routes from PIK, and 15 of them are European :O

Brilliant!!

Kpiko3