PDA

View Full Version : MAS cadet pilot

allwerp
2nd Sep 2004, 05:35
Has anyone applied?I took my psychometric tests in July 14..I am still waiting for the reply..Has anyone been called up for the final interview? Share your experience here.

allwerp
6th Sep 2004, 05:42
aiks really no one applied for MAS cadet pilot???can anyone who has applied for MAS cadet pilot post a reply here plz? at least let me know that i'm not alone :bored:

jebat
9th Sep 2004, 04:53
I applied too, went for the MISPA on 22nd july, there's already one batch in MFA malacca.

on this 20th they are going to start interviewing again after being busy with their first batch. hope that they will call soon... :)

allwerp
9th Sep 2004, 05:17
jebat,how do u know that they're going to have the interview on the 20th ? is it 20th september anyway? i'm really eager to go for the interview..i've been waiting for too long already..btw,how was ur MISPA? have confidence to pass or not ? :ok:

jebat
9th Sep 2004, 06:23
My aunt work as a stewardess, she heard that on 20th they are going to start interviewing again.

u could check pilotflies.********.com, he got into the first batch.

Have confidence in passing it however always have aa as backup :)

hope we'll get to the interview soon, I too have been waiting for quite some times.

allwerp
9th Sep 2004, 07:38
ehh how did they contact u last time for the MISPA test? by letter or by phone?and
..are u a malay or a chinese wor? just curious :p

jebat
9th Sep 2004, 11:55
for psychomtor and MISPA I got letter from MAS but I think for interview they would call u by phone. I'm 1/4 malay, 1/4 chinese, 1/4 jawa and 1/4 thai. Malaysia, truly asia....

jebat
9th Sep 2004, 19:28
i have no idea sedna but 2nd batch is going to langkawi, 3rd batch to adelaide, 4th batch to perth and then back to malacca again until they have total of 200 cadets.

allwerp
9th Sep 2004, 21:23
jebat,so i took the MISPA test on july 14th.Do u know which batch i'm in? i would greatly appreciate the opportunity to get pilot training in australia! :p anyway,sedna and jebat, do u guys have MSN or ICQ? I would like to add u guys to my contact list.maybe have a little MAS candidate pilot gathering ? :D my msn account is [email protected] while my icq uin is 145996528

jebat
10th Sep 2004, 04:23
my MSN, [email protected] or [email protected]

allwerp
10th Sep 2004, 05:22
ok thanks jebat..anyway,jebat,do u know which batch we are in ? :O u know i got friend's cousin who works in MAS,n he told me to just tell him the time and location of the interview and his cousin will 'help' me get thorugh it without any hassles..dont know whether it will work or not though..:suspect:

jebat
10th Sep 2004, 10:38
I don't know which batch are we in. Could be the second or the third one. :O

allwerp
10th Sep 2004, 12:31
ok..hey post a message when u've got the phone call k? i would do the same also :p good luck to both of us!

jebat
11th Sep 2004, 04:07
:ok: Good luck to us and all our frens that applied for this program. Hope we can all made it....after all there's 200 vacancies for cadet pilot, hoping to get that 1/200 chance.

allwerp
13th Sep 2004, 05:32
anyone got their phone call to the interview yet?

allwerp
14th Sep 2004, 04:58
called MAS today and found out that i passed my MISPA test!! yay! :-) ..will be expecting a phone call soon :-p

jebat
14th Sep 2004, 11:27
thanks for the number allwerp, called him and found out that I pass too :ok: all the best for ur interview :O

allwerp
15th Sep 2004, 05:47
u welcome jebat..:O anyway,did they tell u anything about the date and time of ur interview?

mdfun810
17th Sep 2004, 06:03
Go Air Asia can get Boeing 737, MAS will only give F50 or DHC 6 only. Good Luck guys

allwerp
17th Sep 2004, 17:49
dude,MAS posts u to either 737 or F50 when u start ur career as a pilot with the rank of SO depending on ur performance..and air asia has only 737s..MAS has 737,A330,747,and 777 :O

Rule35
17th Sep 2004, 18:11
allwerp,

Dude, mas has no fixed rule on where you are posted once you finish your basic training. It may be 737, F50 OR Twin Otter. There have been guys who were/are in the twin otter for 3yrs at least. So its all luck as the planning in MAS is next to non existent. So its the luck of the draw really AND in Air Asia you get jet hours and glass cockpit experience immediately which is what will matter most for experience for your future in airline operations.

willflyer
18th Sep 2004, 11:13
MAS is haemorrageing pilots like nobody's business. Don't worry if you get in early you'll most likely get into 737 direct PROVIDED, and I must underline this point very well, PROVIDED you do well in your flight school.

That means passing all your exams first time, pass all your flying exams without incurring extra hours and no monkey business in general.

In fact this should apply to the rest of your flying career!

I can't speak for experience but as far as I'm concerned, MAS is just as good as any other to gain experience. You might get replies and offers early for airasia I guess, but you have to think of the future: widebody experience, cold weather operations, ETOPS, CAT III landings...

An ATPL Frozen in your hand is not a be-all and end-all, it's just another step in your journey...

Good Luck guys look forward to torturi--I mean, welcoming you to the company. Heh.

DoMePlease
18th Sep 2004, 15:53
... anyway we all know Singapore Airlines is da best!

mdfun810
19th Sep 2004, 06:48
Yeah come to MAS and be wack in the sim. The instructor is also know to send the manual by air in the flight sim. Some hit the head some miss. Military is not as bad. Get use to new nickname such Fu**er, Monkey etc.... Good Luck

cal_ley
21st Sep 2004, 15:29
what i can say is cable.

ostinato
27th Sep 2004, 14:03
hey guys

i've just applied for the MAS cadet pilot programme, in fact just i've just sent in my resume. How long does it usually take before they call for an interview?

And also, do you know who and how can I contact mas to verify that they receive/process my application?

I hope to have some positive feedback.

Btw, allwerp, if you don't mind, i've added you to my msn list.

allwerp
29th Sep 2004, 12:00
ostinato,u wont have an interview after u've sent your resume.u will be given a psychomotor test first,then secondly a psychometric test..then only u can get to the final interview..after which u will have a medical check up once u've passed the interview...good luck!!

ostinato
29th Sep 2004, 13:04
thanks for all the info allwerp!:ok:

pendekar
2nd Oct 2004, 01:11
Hi all,

Osinato, you've just sent in your resume. Is MAS still recruiting for cadets? As all I see on the website is recruitment for pilots with experience, or rather, no vacancies at the moment. I'm thinking of applying but unsure whether there's any active recruitment in place. Any idea how many cadets have gone thru already?

jebat and allwerp, Congrats! What is the timeline like from the time you submitted your resume and all the psycho tests till where you are now?

Any idea what the remuneration levels are?

Oh, and another thing. The requirements on the website state - "good eyesight without optical aids and not colour blind". Do you guys know whether this means that you must have perfect eyesight and not require glasses? jebat, were there any candidates in your batch that wore glasses?

Thanks ahead of time guys. Hope to hear from you soon.

jebat
2nd Oct 2004, 04:44
I'm not sure if MAS still actively recuiting cadet pilots but from time to time they still conduct psychomotor test. Maybe they still accepting applications since they have 200 positions for cadets to be filled in but don't have enough candidates.

From the time submitting resume to psychomotor test - 2 months, psychomotor - psychometric - 2 months, psyhcometric to interview- dunno...

you could check the remuneration scheme at an unofficial MAPA website, download the MoU. Forgot the link.... :)

half of them wear glasses....MAS first batch for this year....

pendekar
3rd Oct 2004, 04:41
Thanks for your response!

SO i guess there's really no harm sending in a resume then.

What's the best way to get this done? Online or perhaps send it/hand it in directly? Any particular person?

Ok man, good luck on your interview.

allwerp
19th Oct 2004, 07:01
just had my interview yesterday..it went fine(imho) they asked me lot of personality questions and also about the theory of flight..they also asked me what's a pilot's job is like..and also the usual ones like 'why wanna be a pilot' 'why wanna join MAS' 'tell me about urself'
'and i also would i drop out of college if i'm accepted' .strange though,they didnt ask me anything about the company,or about the management people.well,i'll be crossing my fingers and hope for the best! good luck for the others who are bound for the interview ! ;)

fhchiang
7th Nov 2004, 12:15
after 17 years!!

it has finally come!!

i'm taking my SPM this november.....

hope to get a DECENT result to qualify me for MAS Cadet Pilot's scheme...

by the way...

MAS has just Advertised again for it's CADET PILOT POSITION on the STAR, Saturday, 6th November 2004.

it states that candidates be at least 6/60 without optical aids... and not colour blind....

by the way JEBAT,
you got through?

so.. i was wondering, what is the average results in SPM for selected CADETS>?

i mean how many A's?

well...

i'm forecast for 7As,1B,2Cs ..................

but.. that's just forecast..

will be submitting my RESUME RIGHT AFTER THE SPM RESULTS IS RELEASED

echopapa
8th Nov 2004, 11:50
Will MAS consider a candidate from Singapore?

btw, selamat menyambut syawal yg bakal tiba... :O)

fhchiang
8th Nov 2004, 12:10
as for SIA

i am sure that they accept malaysian and singaporean.. and PRs..

for MAS

they state that you must be a Malaysian Citizen on their website..

fly-fishing
8th Nov 2004, 12:52
just give it a try........ no harm in doing it!:ok:

jebat
8th Nov 2004, 23:45
fhchiang,

Pass my interview and went for medical last thurday and yesterday. Should I pass my medical yesterday then I'm off to flight school. :O

Make sure you apply for higher institution too as a backup plan.
In my friend's batch only 2 out of 12 cadets are from SPM, top scorer with straight A's. The rest have degree and 20++ years old. Average SPM results cud be like your forecast results :D

Good luck with your application... this is a good time to apply since there's a lot of vacancies.

A good reference to get into MAS below:

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2000/5/28/education/28inlot

fhchiang
24th Nov 2004, 12:18
haha thanks jebat for your info

because.. i am thinking.. in aviation, the faster i start.... the faster i get command....

and i hope to fly long haul in my thirties......

hmm...

because i am thinking of doing SAM(south Australia Matriculations)

and then skip University....

do you have a degree? or Fresh SPM graduate?PM me..

by the way... does IQ accessment help?

i just did a Malaysia Mensa Admission Test...

if i score above average population, do you think it'll help?

allwerp
24th Nov 2004, 12:48
fhciang,if you can score well in the MENSA admission test,then I'm sure you would have no problem whatsoever with the psychometric tests(MISPA),which is more or less a test to gauge your IQ. :) but IQ is not the sole important factor,you also have to undergo the psychomotor test,which will test your eye-hand coordination,ability to think in 3D,orientation,and reflexes.Playing a lot of racing games and flight simulation games does help! ;)

jebat
25th Nov 2004, 02:55
hi allwerp,

long time no see u in msn... bz? I'm in batch 16, off to flight school in january. Which batch r u in? If we r in the same batch don't forget to belanja me shark fin soup hehehehe :O

fhchiang
25th Nov 2004, 09:44
the process from Applying To Selection might drag until a one year period??

hmmm.. i'm hlad to hear that MESPA is something like IQ test...

i received my IQ result today and i'm qualified to join Malaysian Mensa.

allwerp
25th Nov 2004, 20:21
hafiz,i called pn shakilah a few days back about the med results and she said that it isnt out yet..i told her that i did my med on 4th of nov..and she said that i'm in batch 15..due for MFA/LATC in the middle of dec or the end of it..

hmm did u only tell her when did u do your med or what?coz she told me that i'm in batch 15 but you're in batch 16?? :confused:

jebat
26th Nov 2004, 00:20
ic ic so the medical result isn't out yet, guess still have to wait. I just give Hj Azman my name to check the status. He said I'm in batch 16. Too bad we can't be in the same batch. Hope everything is fine....See u in flight school :ok:

echopapa
26th Nov 2004, 10:33
Hi guys,
Do you guys know how I can get in touch with MAS HR dept for Pilots. Seems like my e-mail enquiries via the official website are always bounced due to an overquota on their side. Must be a long Hari Raya Break for some people or something

jebat
26th Nov 2004, 14:07
echopapa,

U email MAS? I tried that before but no reply either. It's better to go and see them personally at MAS Kompleks B, Subang Jaya. Next to LTSAAS.

sedna,

have no idea about which flight school. Never heard about taking in any girls either.

malaysian eaglet
26th Nov 2004, 22:46
It is confirmed we will have the pleasure to welcome MAS cadets in LATC very soon.
Welcome in Langkawi

echopapa
28th Nov 2004, 04:26
Hi Jebat,

I have not made the trip personally. While I can consider that, I was just enquiring over e-mail as to whether MAS will consider on a case to case basis candidates from neighbouring Singapore.

Not too sure, if the trip there will be met with a simple 'Yes/No', thus why I decided to try the e-mail channel first. I guess I will just have to wait for them to clear their e-mails first :*

Thanks anyway for the heads up.. Cheers

seng_giap
28th Nov 2004, 13:30
Hi everyone...

I've sat for the mispa test on the 27 July but i did not get any replies :(

Anyone has the number to MAS HR department?

malaysian eaglet
4th Dec 2004, 13:16
I confirm: Welcome on board and particularly to the 16 MAS cadets joining us the 20th of December.
Then after during all the 2005 year to the following...
Welcome

allwerp
5th Dec 2004, 00:55
malaysian eaglet,is the 20th of dec batch the first MAS batch to get into LATC or the 2nd batch????
:confused:

malaysian eaglet
5th Dec 2004, 07:07
20th of December, if no change it will be the first batch

nameisnotimportant
7th Dec 2004, 15:55
malaysian eaglet, latest i hear from MAS is that the next batch of cadets will be sent on the 17th of January. Location is not yet confirmed. I suspect that MAS is not telling us anything just yet.

allwerp
7th Dec 2004, 16:16
nameisnotimportant,did u hear that personally from MAS or did u just hear it from somebody's somebody's friend? :=

nameisnotimportant
8th Dec 2004, 03:59
i personally went to MAS, personally ASKED them and they give the answer to me personally.

its 17th of january for batch 15 and 28th february for batch 16.