View Full Version : Updating the Emirates Online App.

Buford
2nd Sep 2004, 02:08
I applied to Emirates a few months ago and was promptly put into the interview hold pool. I have since updated around 4 times- after about every additional 50 hours or so. Problem is, I just now noticed on their site the 'please do not update for six months' comment. This coincides with the arrival in the mail today of the Captain XYZ book about the Emirates interview which states that 'updating after less than six months may jeopardize your application'. Whoops. I'm really interested in Emirates and I'd hate to think that I've ruined my chances because I did a boneheaded thing like failing to read the directions! So does anyone know if updating like I have is going to ruin things for my app? In the meantime, I'm going to pay more attention to the fine print....

Thanks.

JAFO2
2nd Sep 2004, 03:29
Guilty of same, dude.......but got in anyways. The "hold pool" is definitely a test of one's patience, but hang in there, and do as they say, except if you have a change of type/position. Being in the hold pool, you must have at least 5K+ hrs, so updating every 50 additional hrs is useless.

Good luck!

Buford
2nd Sep 2004, 04:15
JAFO2

Do you mean you got an interview for the job and, 'got in'? :ok: Or, you 'got in' the hold pool?

Buford

JAFO2
2nd Sep 2004, 04:34
Buford

The first part...... Send me a PM if you have anymore questions.

Take care

Cerberus
2nd Sep 2004, 05:43
The interview book is a waste of time, you can glean more from PPrune and it will be more recent than from that book. Updating at less than 6 monthly intervals would not jeopardise your application.

If you think that the recruitment department judge a persons application based on how often they update, you are sadly mistaken. Yes it shows you are keen but unless it provides some additional information that changes your circumstances, it will be of little value. So an hours update every 6 months or so does seem reasonable but if you have changed jets, seats etc it would be good to provide that info immediately.

Cerberus

sluggums
2nd Sep 2004, 07:15
Nah Buford, shouldn't be a problem I know plenty of people who regularly ie less than every 6months updated their applications and got in:ok:

Buford
2nd Sep 2004, 16:07
Thanks for all the replies. At least I can rest easy knowing I haven't blown my chances. Good news about the end of DEC's - here's hoping the rumors are true.

Buford