PDA

View Full Version : human performance and limitations course

signeti
1st Sep 2004, 22:41
Did a fair bit of the HP & L stuff while slogging thru the JAR exams and while i never wanted to be a doctor , i love learning about the body , is it possible to do a course or diploma in the topic or did JAR teach me all i shall ever need to know about the body in aviation ?

would doing the diploma or whatever have any marketability ???
if any one knows of any university offering a long distance programme then please let me know ..
ta very much

Non Normal
3rd Sep 2004, 01:16
There are a few universities in Australia offering distance learning courses in human factors (I believe they are available to people living overseas).

I think Griffith Uni has an undergraduate module in Aviation Human Factors, and Aviation Biology by DL.

UNSW has a postgraduate Human Factors course by DL.

There are others too I think.

I do not recommend you go straight into postgraduate level human factors course, and be warned that it is mostly psychology and designed more for those with academic interests than those seeking knowledge for the purpose of "operational level" knowledge.

PM me if you want to know more.

Old Smokey
3rd Sep 2004, 03:37
You'll find that the RAF has a lot of good material on this topic. The problem may be with their releasing it to the public. Send me a PM if you draw a blank here, I might be able to acquire something along the lines of what you need, by fair means or foul..........

signeti
3rd Sep 2004, 12:08
thanks for the info guys , i'll check those leads out and get back to ye if i hit a brick wall .
cheers:ok: