PDA

View Full Version : Charter Operators based in Ireland

Sikpupi
1st Sep 2004, 18:32
Hi

I am looking to book a charter for 70++ to mainline UK and and seeking information on airline operators with Irish based aircraft. I would hope to use Kerry Airport or Cork Airport as my departure point and hopefully an Irish operator will save some cost on empty legs.

However......if the forum (who would have more experience on this maybe) feel that the cost would not be prohibitive bring in a UK based aircraft...so be it. Names and addresses would be appreciated.

Many thanks

circlip
1st Sep 2004, 20:52
Have a chat with these guys

www.visionair.ie

If they are not able to help they will definately point you in the right direction

Sikpupi
1st Sep 2004, 22:38
Circlip

Will drop them an email....

Regards

eoinok
2nd Sep 2004, 08:32
Hi sikpuppi.

I am aware that Aer Arann also do charters, especially out of ORK, but I dont think their ATR's might not be big enough for 70+, if that is going to be your number. There should be no problem if you require them for a weekend shuttle, as they do have a spare a/c at Cork during the weekend, as far as I am aware.
Ryanair have been know to do charters as well, if it is a weekend as well, they would have spare a/c in Dublin, so it might not be too bad. As far as I am aware, the have 737-200's with seating for 130 odd up there, so it may be more to your liking.....

Sikpupi
2nd Sep 2004, 10:08
Eoink

Just finished making the necessary calls. Couldn't get past the girl on reception in Ryanair.....she advised that Ryanair do not do charters and there was no point in talking to Ops or anyone else.

RE tried their best but are tight with a/c at the moment and have no availability for my specific days. Oh well!!!!

Will approach EUJet out of SNN and see what they say!!!

Thanks for the help!!

Regards

eoinok
2nd Sep 2004, 10:52
Ryanair dont do Charters???? Maybe she should read one of the latest articles from her own website?

I am aware of several other occasions as well where travel agents etc have chartered FR a/c for say Celtic in the UEFA cup final, Munster in the Heineken cup final etc etc.

They dont do specific scheduled holiday charters, as in say Futura, but most definately they do one off ones!!!!!!

SHELS CHARTER RYANAIR FLIGHT FOR
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DECIDER

Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 low fares airline, today (16th August 04) confirmed that Shelbourne will charter a Ryanair aircraft to Spain for next week’s Champions League return leg at Deportivo La Coruna. Ryanair also announced today that it had cancelled the special passenger flight to Santiago de Compostela due to disappointing bookings.

Ryanair’s Head of Comunications, Paul Fitzsimmons said:

“We are delighted that the Shels team have chosen to fly with Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 low fares airline. Ryanair is already Europe’s most punctual airline, and we’ll be pulling out the stops to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for the lads on the trip. We had originally allocated a special spectator flight on condition that a sufficient number of fans would be travelling. However we have been disappointed with the uptake, and have consequently cancelled the flight. Those passengers which had booked will be given full refunds.”

Maybe try Jetmagic from Cork? :)

I was within days of chartering one of their Embrarer\'s for a stag just before they went belly up :)

Was getting quite a good deal off them, wanted to go ORK to MAN and was working out at close to 200€ a head from what I can remember.....

EGNR
2nd Sep 2004, 11:28
Depending on your destination point in the uk, perhaps you should try Emerald Airways (www.flyjem.com) with their 60-something seat ATPs.

Have been doing a few ROI-UK charters over the last few months so may be worth a bell.

Airbus215
2nd Sep 2004, 18:41
bmi have recently operated adhoc charters from kerry to dublin on a F100 101 seats

Give there charter team a call +44 1332 854242

or email them on [email protected]

:cool: