PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick - Djibouti

svw8700
1st Sep 2004, 17:50
Can anyone on here confirm which airline now operates the route LGW - CDG - JIB on behalf of Daallo Airlines? MYT used to operate this route with a Boeing 757 but I believe it was stopped due to safety reasons in Djibouti. I am just interested to know if it is still by a British Airline and crew.

kirstys_little_man
1st Sep 2004, 18:40
Isn't it operated by Air Slovakia with a B757-200 (usually OMDGK when its not doing BHX-BTS)

KLM

bmiboyz
1st Sep 2004, 20:21
As far as I know it is excel airways with one of 'their' air atlanta 757-200s.

jj69
1st Sep 2004, 21:23
It's definatly Excel on the 757,we do it twice weekly.It's crewed with MAN crew,and we just love it!?!

XLACCM
3rd Sep 2004, 02:11
I've heard that the Djibouti route is going to be handled by LGW crew now, i can hardly wait! please tell me its not true, i got on the 75 not long ago after a Djibouti and it was like someone had emptied the contents of all the gash carts down the aisles and over the seats - of course i dont need to tell this to the manchester crew, i give my deepest sympathy

Now on to those tel aviv flights..........;)

jj69
3rd Sep 2004, 18:45
HaHa!!! I heard that aswell, as MAN is loosing the 75 for winter!! Wait till you see the loos mid flight,or the pax boarding in JIB with the dogs and chickens etc under their arms!!! :ok:

barbiegirl
4th Sep 2004, 14:40
and lets not even go there with the hand luggage.. because it would make to much sense to put bags bigger and heavier than the person carrying them in the hold!!!!

fly-half
5th Sep 2004, 07:12
I work in Excel Ops and yes, we operate this service for Daallo Airlines. It's on one of our Iceland-registered B752's. I don't know which crews work it, who cares? As for the animals on board, the Daallo contract allows for a maximum of three animals to be carried on board in the cabin total with a small weight restriction. The other day we had one hamster on board. Again, who cares?

barbiegirl
5th Sep 2004, 11:36
yeah the contract might say 3 animals, but try enforcing that. it's impossible to enforce anything down in JIB

jj69
5th Sep 2004, 12:46
"The other day we had one hamster on board. Again, who cares?"

I think the crew who are working the flight care,especially when you have cats,dogs etc on board,(which are never properly contained),leaving somewhere like Djibouti which could have god knows what disease's! We are the one's stuck in the cabin all the way from Africa to Paris with them!!!!

Airways.com
5th Sep 2004, 16:07
good luck with those flights!!!...good to read your ops department care about you:ugh:

crundale
6th Sep 2004, 08:24
The ops guy is very naughty and will be retrained to be more caring and compassionate. Either that or when he finally gets a flying job we will give him the full treatment :D
If you had asked someone in crewing, they would have cared deeply and passionately about the hamster.

dicksynormous
6th Sep 2004, 10:11
That narrows it down a bit then crundale

fly-half
6th Sep 2004, 15:07
I was answering the original question to confirm that Excel Airways operates LGW-CDG-JIB on behalf of Daallo. I was trying to correct misinformation including the ridiculous idea that you get "pax boarding in JIB with the dogs and chickens etc under their arms!!!".

"Who cares" about the animals was in relation to the original question.

Of course I hold the Excel cabin crew in high regard and I am always concerned for your safety. Be careful not to spill any of my coffee on yourself when you bring it to me in the flightdeck next year!

jj69
6th Sep 2004, 16:51
Coming from some one who has actually worked this flight on various occasions, (not just sat on my ass in Mitre Court!) pax DO board with cats etc under their arms. The last time I did the JIB we had a french pax with a puppy in a hold all!!

After the cabin crew have read your post I'd recomend you take a flask of coffee with you when your in that flight deck!! ;)

barbiegirl
6th Sep 2004, 21:09
Fly half wrote -

'I was trying to correct misinformation including the ridiculous idea that you get "pax boarding in JIB with the dogs and chickens etc under their arms!!!".'

if you read the posts by myself and jj69, you would see we got this 'ridiculous idea' by actually being the crew on these flights.

jj69- drop me a pm tell me who you are!!!!

fly-half
7th Sep 2004, 00:42
Really, I am nice. Don't drink coffee anyway........ hehehe

crundale
7th Sep 2004, 11:02
Girls,
Dont worry, will let you know who fly-half is for next year. Heres a clue: he will be doing the MAN-BJL every week so if you get to go on one of those you can put the chickens up front with him.
I think he may prefer you leave the hamsters up the back....:uhoh:
I know dicksy would never allow that :)
Happy flying one and all
:ok: