PDA

View Full Version : New Fish Head Recruiting TV Ads

Top Bunk Tester
1st Sep 2004, 11:07
Have just caught a couple of, I assume to be new, recruiting ads on FX289. Stirring tales of derring doo, well produced and filmed, showing the boys and girls doing good things, almost makes me want to join up again, but I have one nagging question...............................................

If I were to get a splinter in my finger, would the Captain stop the ship to help 'lil ol me'?;)

Navaleye
1st Sep 2004, 11:10
No. Sounds you like you have been watching videos of "Making Waves".

Pontius Navigator
1st Sep 2004, 18:37
Did the ad have anyone with a septic spot on his nose? The RAF DVD featured a 'third eye' on the very first person in the video.

An 8 year old niece said, 'Why has he got that spot on his nose?' She lost interest shortly thereafter. Maybe it wa to do with a lack of medics in the RAF too.

BigGrecian
1st Sep 2004, 19:29
I remember having a discussion upon graduating from IOT with AOC Recruitment, and all advertising is purchased (sorry procured) centrally now (sounds like the CHBS - and that worked!?). Apparently the adverts where after extensive research and whether we think they represent us or not - its what appeals to some people. Just not quite sure who?
Anyway do we really need to be recruiting in the first place, if some re-streamed officers don't get offered another job?(See Re-branch thread)