PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar considers international flights

Wirraway
1st Sep 2004, 07:54
ABC News Online

Jetstar considers international flights
Wednesday, 1 September 2004

The chief executive officer of Jetstar has raised the prospect of expanding the low-cost airline to international routes over the next few years.

Jetstar CEO Alan Joyce has told a Melbourne business lunch that the airline, a subsidiary of Qantas, is about to carry its one-millionth customer.

He says it has managed to raise passenger traffic on particular routes by up to 91 per cent compared to the national carrier's figures at the same time last year.

Mr Joyce says while Jetstar will consider a move onto short international routes, it is concentrating on expanding its domestic operations.

"We have a lot of expansion in Australia before we can start considering international," he said.

"I'd say our focus now is on places like Adelaide, the Northern Territory, Western Australia and there's still places in Queensland that we still can operate into, so there's a lot of more expansion before we get there."

==========================================

schweinhund
1st Sep 2004, 10:45
Are you farkin listening yet, AIPA?

Howard Hughes
1st Sep 2004, 22:15
What if Qantas's shiny new A380's are not in fact destined for Qantas.

But for the already airbus endorsed chaps/chappesses at Jetstar?

Just some food for thought!!

Chers, HH.

:ok:

Romeo Tango Alpha
2nd Sep 2004, 03:58
Oh, that just takes the cake!

I can just imagine J* doing international. With the pathetically cramped cabin, you would have the punter's dieing from DVT in no time.

I wouldn't want to go any further than Brisbane - Coolangatta in a current J* aircraft, let alone Brisbane - Vanuatu or somesuch!

Surely this is a joke? Qantas really is thinking with a brain clouded with halucinogens...

Oh Allan boy,
My legs, my legs are cramping!
I cannot move
Because these seats are small
You stupid twats
What the hell were you thinking?!
My arse, my arse! It is a-bloody swelling!
I cannot move,
Because this seat is small...

Oh Allan boy, oh Allan boy I hate you so!

Buckshot
2nd Sep 2004, 04:02
Interesting thought, Howard. Just what is the single class layout for the A380? Must be upwards of 800 - yikes. Imagine the check-in counter.....