PDA

View Full Version : Heli Conference at Sun City

Autorotate
1st Sep 2004, 07:16
Hey Guys,

Because of a conflict with the Australian Intl Airshow we are looking at relocating the first ever Global Helicopter Owners, Operators and Maintainers conference to Sun City in the second or third week of November of 2005.

What do you think of this place as a venue, especially since its right in your back yard. Would welcome any and all feedback.

Regards

Autorotate.

4HolerPoler
1st Sep 2004, 11:43
Great choice. There's a big golf tournament but that's normally in the first week of December. Ideal setting, I'm sure they'd accommodate you. Keep us posted.

4HP

Balloothebear
1st Sep 2004, 12:02
Nedbank Golf Challenge is tentatively booked from the 2nd till the 5th of Dec 2004.
Best you get in quick Autorotate,otherwise Ernie and Tiger will steal the limelight with their G5's
Please PM me if you are looking for other alternates or conferencing facilities.:)

Goldfish Jack
2nd Sep 2004, 21:56
Hey what about the Waterfront down in the Cape ???

Some truly great conference venues there and there is a huge pad just behind the Table Bay hotel.

Gives us another excuse for a pprune bash and to have Alfred back in the Cape again. Francois can show off the Huey and Elvis can sing for his money to pay for his lost court case!!!

No seriously - great venue and lots of place to put helicopters there.

Oh and the babes on the beach will be awesome then and maybe even the Cape Nature Conservation people will give permission to 4HP to dive over the mountain again - went with him once and s*&t myself silly - but it was great fun!!!

B Sousa
2nd Sep 2004, 22:05
I think Ned has this post on Rotorheads and they are waffling as to where to go. Last post it was Canada. Im hoping for

Las Vegas:ok: ;) :ok:

Sir Cumference
3rd Sep 2004, 14:19
Sun City is a great venue and it will be a great time of year. The Golf is an issue but should not conflict too much. I am sure that by then the Rand Dollar exchange rate will be back to R10 to $1!! I am sure that I am not the only one for this wish. For delegates they have the Pilanesberg Nature Reserve close by, there is all kinds of entertainment which will be cheap by International Standards.

Visits to SA by the top management of Bell Helicopters in the past have always been hugely successful. I am ure that this venue has the same potential for the proposed expo.

B Sousa
3rd Sep 2004, 15:49
Based on the other thread, looks like one of a few nice places on the West Coast of Canada..............
Africa loses again......