PDA

View Full Version : Zanzibar

Frodo Baggins
31st Aug 2004, 19:24
Greetings all Globe Trotters

After a little bit of help please!

Does anyone have any recommendations on Handling Agents and especially good hotac in Zanzibar, Tanzania

Not going till early next year but want to start planning early

Any info or previous experiences much appreciated

Ta ever so!

Miles Magister
31st Aug 2004, 20:29
Suggest you call Tabs Tabersham at SkyDrift in Norwich. He seems to know most of the handling agents and tricks in the known world.

4HolerPoler
31st Aug 2004, 23:29
I was there in May & we had excellent handling from Peck Air; call Rosemary on 255 22284 5018.

An alternative is the airport itself, Zanzibar Aviation; call Mr. Hassan Ngozi on 255 24223 3979.

Let us know how it goes.

4HP

Evanelpus
1st Sep 2004, 14:57
It's been many years since I was in Zanzibar but does anyone know if 'Emersons' is still there. A wonderful hotel ran by the man himself.

Frodo Baggins
6th Sep 2004, 20:03
Thanks for your reply's guys

Will keep you posted on progress :ok:

If there is anyone else out there with knowledge on Hotel accomodation down there if would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

FB

Mzee
7th Sep 2004, 10:30
What an evocative place.
Alas can't help with the accom as the last time I was there I was 10 and they still had a Sultan. We lived on the second floor of the a/port terminal (father was SATCO). Great beaches with the wonderfull Zanzibaris, great place to grow up in.

pzu
7th Sep 2004, 12:16
Not quite as dated as MZEE's recollection, was back in '96;

Stayed at the TEMBO, on the beach next door to the old Sailing Club;

Room was great - had top floor Presidential Suite (a large room) :D

Hotel was DRY, breakfast OK - ate in FISHERMAN'S just across the way - run by a French guy (ex Legionaire???) - Sighailes(sic)/Morton Bay Bugs - Castle Beer & SA Wine!!! :D

Having revisited Mombasa :( had been dreading return to ZNZ, but all in all a great experience :)

MZEE please check PM's, my old man was also ATCO/SATCO at ZNZ period 58-61;

PZU