PDA

View Full Version : SkyCharter Going Down

Obbie
31st Aug 2004, 18:52
With it's main tenant Partner Jet already moved out,
now all the AME's once employed there have given notice
and followed Partner Jet to there new home.

Could this finally be the last of the big orange eye sore at the north end of Pearson ?

hibypassratio
31st Aug 2004, 23:50
I know at least 1 AME left there recently to go to Jetsgo when they started hiring their own maintenance instead of constracting out.

Left Coaster
1st Sep 2004, 05:20
Any chance you could be a bit more specific? Is it just the hanger , the charter part, or the whole Airline? ( by the way, some of the industry "wags" in Canada have had the company going down for a few years now!) Still flying as far as I can tell...Thanks

DDDOF
1st Sep 2004, 09:07
Left Coaster

I think your confusing Skyservice with SkyCharter.
So Irv seems to be losing his business eh?
Which hanger did Partner Jet go to?

Left Coaster
1st Sep 2004, 13:32
Yup...Silly me, but then except for a (very) few hilites, I really never liked Toronto so I didn't pay attention to who was who...Good luck to those who might be displaced, Been there, no fun at all

Safety Guy
2nd Sep 2004, 01:23
LeftCoaster:

You do know that "wags" stands for wild-assed guessers, right? Don't listen to 'em, they'll drive you nuts, and usually have little if any grasp of reality.

Left Coaster
3rd Sep 2004, 07:54
I know, guess I was just a little tired!. The kids need to get back to school so I can get some rest! Wags being what they are, the industry kinda needs them to stay in the green on the humour side...It's a little sad at the moment...hope it gets better soon
LC

Ray Darr
5th Sep 2004, 17:20
So Irv might actually RETIRE now? Of course, ripping around in a zippy Dodge Viper at (what is he now, 84 years old???) could lead to yet another quadruple by-pass.

Many people have passed through the hallowed halls of Skycharter. Hope it survives and prospers for those concerned there, regardless how the ol' sour-grape is.

:p

Obbie
6th Sep 2004, 18:44
Partner Jet now calls the YYZ Shell home after no longer being able to stand Irv anymore.

The quicker that place is removed from the industry the better off things will be, even for those poor saps working there now.