PDA

View Full Version : Typhoons and Reds

Tarnished
31st Aug 2004, 18:21
The following images were taken on Monday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/penric/LLLL/RedswithTyphoons.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/penric/LLLL/RedswithTyphoons2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/penric/LLLL/RedswithTyphoons1.jpg

Posted as a good news story, as British Rail used to say .... "we're getting there"

Jackonicko
31st Aug 2004, 18:32
Where, and by whom?

Geoff Lee per chance?

Tarnished
31st Aug 2004, 18:36
Now that would be telling wouldn't it.

Russian spy satellite, in geo-stationary orbit over the Fylde watching for Black aircraft coming out of the Strand Road English Electric factory

BigGrecian
31st Aug 2004, 19:00
Nice pictures!
Slightly off the point but - Does anyone know whether Typhoon has had its single seat IFR ban lifted?
Ban was ironic really - should have been twin seat in first place!

MightyGem
31st Aug 2004, 20:00
Interesting. Looks like not too far from Warton. Both the Reds and a Typhoon were supposed to display at the Hoylake Lifeboat open day on monday(just down the coast). The Reds turned up, but the Typhoon didn't. Which was a pity, as they were obviously up and about.

ppf
31st Aug 2004, 20:54
Very nice pictures indeed!

ppf :ok:

sprucemoose
1st Sep 2004, 12:19
"Okay boys, select cannon... Oh damn it!"

:E

itchybum
1st Sep 2004, 12:40
Serious question:

Hasn't that aircraft been a LO-OOONG time in coming? Does it (the Typhoon, not the Hawk, for the dry wits) represent cutting edge technology?

Or did it need to be in service years ago to make that statement?

I'm not a fighter-jock so I wouldn't know.

just noise
1st Sep 2004, 12:43
Seem to remember photos of Hawks with sidewinders protecting the F2/3's back in the 80's. Nothing changes. Is this a reflection of the current capability of the Phoon?

Alternatively, are we looking at the Reds new aircraft on its test drive? Like to see the Modification request for the smoke system. By the time it’s been through NETMA, it will be

“Smoke –

Red On…,

Blue On…..,

Neapolitan On - Go".

NURSE
1st Sep 2004, 16:32
very nice pics.

Are they for BWOS or for RAF?

Chronic Snoozer
1st Sep 2004, 17:26
The Reds are part of the DAS!

Ray Darbouy
1st Sep 2004, 18:32
"Hasn't that aircraft been a LO-OOONG time in coming?":rolleyes:

Selects Mills Bomb:8; pulls pin::eek:; Carefully aims at Barndoor Target of Opportunity :p;

Not as long as the mighty EH101! :ok:

Puts on sports jacket and mingles with crowd:cool:

sprucemoose
2nd Sep 2004, 10:05
Pics are jointly credited to BAE and the RAF.

bluetail
2nd Sep 2004, 12:53
How times change so quickly

At RIAT 2004 you may have noted that a "PHOON was parked at the end of the RED,s line on the Saturday.

Well that area was part of my responsibility and did the RED,s bitch or what.

'You,re not putting that thing on the end of our line', was the general request, (not put quite so politely I might add)

The RIAT laddy in charge (a Cpl in real life) quite diplomatically explained to the RED,s chappy I/C and showed him the plan (we allways work to a Plan at RIAT) stood his ground and won.

But what a bunch of nobodies the RED,s can be at times, we all thought it was a masterstroke, RAF,s soon to be latest toy next to the "BEST AIROBATIC TEAM" in the sun for the punters to see as they left.

BT