PDA

View Full Version : Cathay vs Dragonair

NdekePilot
30th Aug 2004, 20:34
Cathay or Dragonair.............who would you chose and why?:)

Capt. J
30th Aug 2004, 21:17
Cathay Pacific because they fly more routes than Dragonair, I like their colour scheme more and lastly, because they have B744s :)

31st Aug 2004, 06:42
There are pro's and cons to working for any airline (or indeed, company) out there. Want my advice? Take whichever one offers you a job first and stick with it! :ok:

WTFAW
1st Sep 2004, 07:47
erh, get on the Dragon website and have a look at their route network.....

I think you'll make an easy decision:}

Capt. J
1st Sep 2004, 08:00
Ok, sorry I thought we were talking about which airline we love best. Never knew we were talking about which one to choose for work :confused:

Sorry

1st Sep 2004, 08:37
Aah, the ever-sour, chip on both shoulders, Dragonair selection board failure WTFAW is back! :yuk:

RedsunsDriver
2nd Sep 2004, 07:09
The MAIN question is where do you wanna go
Dragonair offers routes that CX doesn't go to.
CX offers routes that Dragonair doesn't go to.
If you have to choose between one, it depends on where you are going.

Capt. J
2nd Sep 2004, 08:39
I think the best advice would be the one 126.9 has given you. Take whichever offer you get :ok:

Koyo
2nd Sep 2004, 09:29
Anyone apply to both of the cadet program at the same time?

NdekePilot
2nd Sep 2004, 20:41
Just a genuine curiosity!!
Cathay seems to have more time off with family etc but time spent as SO and fairly long time to command etc.........more a career airline perhaps?
Dragonair seems to be more a "work like mad" but FO from day one with relatively short time to command with the higher remuneration associated with such.
It just seems that the workload at Dragon is on a par with the lowfare airlines such as EasyJet and Ryanair etc, and I wondered how many years it would be until you were chewing toothpicks to stay awake!! Is it a longterm (ie. 20 years) career with Dragon or a ten year "make your bucks and retire at 45" job? I've never heard a bad word said about Dragonair so please don't think I'm winding anyone up!!
Cheers,
NP.:ok: