PDA

View Full Version : Statistics

ORAC
30th Aug 2004, 20:26
I would be grateful for some help on Excel 2003 macros. I have to produce a report based on a couple of statistical outcomes and would be grateful for some help on macro content and explanation. I need to conduct a hypothetical test at the 5% significance level, followed by a 99% confidence level for the population mean.

I also need to produce an excel worksheet using NORMSINV and CONFIDENCE functions to calculate Zcrit andthe confidence levels for a mean where the population standard deviation is known. I have the manuals, but need help on zeroing in on the right bits of the statistics handbook and on Excel of which I know little...

Any help or advice appreciated.......

drauk
31st Aug 2004, 18:19
What makes you think you need to use an Excel macro? Nothing that you've written, other than using the word 'macro', makes me think you need to write one.

Not sure if it is much help, but if you realise you don't need macros you can stop reading about them in the manual and read up on the statistics function instead. They're pretty straightforward as described - just plug in your numbers.