PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch Jobs in Ireland

jordie
30th Aug 2004, 07:55
Hey guys

Was just wondering what ground handling companies operating in Irish airports.

I have previously worked for Servisair as a despatcher and really enjoyed it so would like to try and get employment again in the same role but not the same company!!

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Ta
Jordie

Keyboard
2nd Sep 2004, 21:27
Depends where you want to work from. BHD is self handling near enough. Derry I think is the same. BFS apart from Servisair is Aviance. Dublin you do have the alternatives.

EIDW RJ85
10th Sep 2004, 18:08
Dublin.....

1) Aviance

2) Sky Handling

3) Servis Air

4) FBO .. only handle the private jets.

Then the self handling Airlines ......

5) Ryanair

6) Aer Lingus .. No hope of employment!!

Bad time of year tho for airport jobs as the summer is coming to a close??

templar
27th Sep 2004, 16:14
got any experience chap??

jordie
28th Sep 2004, 07:53
Hey guys

Thanks for the replies. I know it's not the greatest of times to be looking for GH work but I've spent the last year and there doesn't seem to be anything.

Would prefer something in DUB but as it's not looking to great I think i'll have to go elsewhere.

Worked with Servisair DUB for 6 months doing Gate Dispatch and then along came 9/11.

diddler
1st Oct 2004, 21:38
i'd apply to aviance ASAP!!!

DUBXH
5th Oct 2004, 22:17
Due to the BA contract and Aviance soon to be Swissport ??

diddler
6th Oct 2004, 13:53
the BA, iberia and LOT contracts!!!:ok:

DUBXH
6th Oct 2004, 16:40
I was under the illusion that LOT were happy with the service recieved from Servisair Globeground and Iberia had signed up to SHP on the feedback from Spanair and other Spanish carriers handled by SHP ? On that front actually any news on AY and LX in DUB?

EIDW RJ85
11th Oct 2004, 13:37
Firstly Aviance is NOT being brought over by swissport?? Thats just another sad Airport Rumour. Sure there contracted there for another 2.5 years???

BA and Iberia have officially given Aviance the contracts. LOT/Finnair and a few others are currently in talks.

Aviance is now officially the biggest scheduled handler in EIDW. Due to the Expansion they are Currently Hiring in all depts incl. Dispatch.

Cut off date for applications is today unfortunatly?? So be quick.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

diddler
11th Oct 2004, 17:01
we can never have enough pieballs!!!!;) ;) ;)