PDA

View Full Version : Woman arrested for lashing out at Jetstar crew

Wirraway
29th Aug 2004, 01:22
Sat "The Mercury" Hobart

Woman arrested for lashing out at Jetstar crew
By NICK CLARK
28aug04

TASMANIAN police have charged a Victorian woman after an incident on a Jetstar flight from Melbourne yesterday.

The 37-year-old woman was charged with the interference with a member of a crew of an aircraft after allegedly throwing a jacket and a handbag at a flight attendant.

She has been bailed to appear in the Launceston Magistrates Court in October.

Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway said flight JQ401 had been due to land in Launceston at 8.30am but had been diverted to Hobart.

The passengers were kept onboard during the delay, which was believed to have concerned some smokers.

Mr Westaway said that when the aeroplane was taxiing on to the runway in Hobart, the woman had become disruptive.

"She disobeyed an order by the cabin crew and became disruptive and unruly," he said.

Mr Westaway said she had been settled down and a decision was made to continue the flight to Launceston.

Police met the flight when it arrived at 9.18am, Mr Westaway said.

==========================================

Sunfish
29th Aug 2004, 22:15
You guys still carry handcuffs and batons on RPT aircraft?

woftam
29th Aug 2004, 22:31
Sunfish,
Whilst your question is a reasonable one if you are not "in the know", I don't believe we should discuss what security equipment is or is not carried on RPT A/C on a very public forum.
Cheers
:ok:

Master of the House
29th Aug 2004, 22:53
What about the poor smokers... no more diverting flights ok!

DirtyPierre
29th Aug 2004, 23:05
The passengers were kept onboard during the delay, which was believed to have concerned some smokers.

Maybe the airlines should carry those patches for concerned smokers.

:D

Mr Westaway said that when the aeroplane was taxiing on to the runway in Hobart, the woman had become disruptive.

When the FA says please pay attention to the safety briefing, she means WATCH THE SAFETY BRIEFING!

:}

BTW, where were the sky marshalls?

Sunfish
29th Aug 2004, 23:12
Fine Woftam. I'll assume you still do. I think the idea that this is somehow confidential "security" equipment is a bit far fetched.

The Bullwinkle
29th Aug 2004, 23:29
I take it the Melbourne weather has kept you indoors today?

woftam
29th Aug 2004, 23:29
Sunfish,so was flying A/C into buildings not that long ago.

Sunfish
29th Aug 2004, 23:41
Yup weather keeping me from flying. Why do so many people on this forum take themselves so seriously?

Howard Hughes
30th Aug 2004, 01:12
No batons at my mob sunfish, however we certainly do have restraints.

Oh and a big red handle which is something to do with emergency gear extension I think, but geez it works well for persuading passengers!!:p

Cheers, HH.
:ok:

Tunguska
30th Aug 2004, 23:27
When will these idiots realise the ramifications of carrying on like pork chops on a flight and the dangers of being disruptive, unruly or violent.

If they have to divert an aircraft I hope they make the idiots pay for that diversion.
Hopefully that, along with sharing a jail cell with a cellmate named Bubba will bring them to their senses.

Sunfish
31st Aug 2004, 01:37
Alcohol does wonders at turning reasonable people into absolute idiots maybe it should be 12 hours bottle-to-seat for passengers????