PDA

View Full Version : List of JAA Flight Instructor Examiners

lock wire
28th Aug 2004, 23:19
Hi chaps,

Is there such a thing as a directory of FIEs? I've given up trying to navigate the CAA's web site.

I have just received approval from the CAA for my Examiner's rating, and I'm looking for an FEI preferably on the west coast of the USA where I'm based.

Thanks!

Keygrip
29th Aug 2004, 03:54
Lock wire - there isn't one.

That can be either in terms of the list, or of the examiner on the West Coast - because there isn't one of either.

The nearest JAA FIE to you is based in Scottsdale, Arizona - just underneath the Phoenix Class B airspace.

Drop me an e-mail or PM and I'll put the two of you in touch with each other.

Note, however, that to complete an FE course (at PPL level) and then do the relevant flight test, you will need TWO JAA FIE's (that can be arranged also - but the next nearest for you is here in Florida).

Whilst here - you are aware of the JAA FI renewal/revalidation seminar that is scheduled for October?

IRRenewal
29th Aug 2004, 05:20
Lock Wire,

Such a list does exist, I have it right in front of me. Don't think you can download it from the CAA website though, but if you have received approval to do the course you should be able to get it from Standards Support.

Keygrip,

I have never heard of the requirement to have two FIEs to do the FE(PPL). I did my training and (simulated) test with just one FIE.

Regards

Gerard

Keygrip
29th Aug 2004, 13:51
Then guess I'm wrong on at least two out of four points, eh?

Was always told - even by the members of the CAA - that the FE two-day course had to be done by one FIE and then the subsequent test done by another one (for obvious reasons)....or at PPL level is it a course by FIC and then test by FIE?

I wasn't referring to the two examiner test that you did for your IRR - one examiner flying and one in the back observing.

I'd still stand firm on the nearest (FIC or FIE) being in Scottsdale though.

IRRenewal
30th Aug 2004, 14:53
Keygrip,

I can only say I did the two day course and the simulated test with the same FIE. Whether that was wrong or not I am not sure, but they issued the authorisation.

On my CRE test I had N Ashley playing my candidate and doing doing the examining (of me that was). Think the official line is that they prefer two but can do it alone.

Don't know where the nearest FIE is to lock wire. The CAA list is alphabetical, rather than geographical. If I have time I'll scan it in and post it somewhere.

Gerard