PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Engineers Pay Gripes

jeremy
28th Aug 2004, 16:40
Are there any Emerald Engineers & staff out there that are cheesed off like me that we have been waiting for about 4 years now for a damned pay review !!. Why wont management deal with it - their only concern appears to be with making a profit for themselves.
I hope management on the engineering side are reading this - will you take note - I suspect not.
Fat Cat Profits.
There appears to be plenty of money in the pot to bring in new management - not to mention the new CEO over engineering at BLK base - who is like a tyrant, ruthless, bully, wont listen, rude & not interested. (yes u all know who I am talking about)
The moral at all Emerald bases is at the lowest it can be due to pay & conditions. No wonder people keep leaving.
Management should sit up and listen - be fair
Emerald would certainly not win the Investors in People award !!!

JAFCon
28th Aug 2004, 19:36
Well said but I suspect
"NO ONE WILL LISTEN, NOR DO THEY CARE"

Management do not consider Engineers as worth more money, we are just an Expense, some Management even consider us an un-necessery Expense.

PROFIT is more important than SAFETY,

If an Engineer can be got rid of for more profit, then it will be Goodbye to the Engineer.

jeremy
28th Aug 2004, 20:00
Thanks for posting jafcon - much appreciated
Glad you agree

Germstone
28th Aug 2004, 20:04
who is like a tyrant, ruthless, bully, wont listen, rude & not interested

A.M has obviously been to the MOB school of management then and has all the qualifications to be a success with emerald

have heard through the grapevine from a few blk engs that he now tops the lot going from bad to worse

his grand scam...oooo sorry plan seems to be a standing joke from what i have heard lots of talk but total inaction

seems they have managed to recruit some additional staff also.

so no chance of any pay review if they can attract at the current rates no need to review wages.

jeremy
28th Aug 2004, 20:14
Not to mention A.M. bringing in his own engineers from his own recruitment agency !!!!! talk about lining your own pocket !! and a very great shame for the Chevron & Matchtech contractors that he got rid of.
How many others is he going to bring in from his own firm
The story goes a certain colleague of the CEO who came to EAE with him for a short while was also from his own company

won too goh
29th Aug 2004, 17:39
IS THIS TOPIC IN THE CORRECT FORUM/

JAFCon
29th Aug 2004, 19:00
Sorry to see this has been moved to the Engineer's page as I belive that Aircrew have a right to see the state of Engineering, not just in Emerald but many Airlines within the UK.

Were Profit is being put before Engineering decisions, Pilots have a right to know what is happening to the Aircraft which they fly.

Engineers are being side-lined by bean counters,

Airline's own Engineering support is being sold off or got rid of and Maintenance is being put out to Third Party Maintenance Organisations who do the Cheapest job not the best job, and I belive that Pilots Should Start showing their dis-pleasure and concern that Maintenance costs and Safety are being put behind Profit:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jeremy
29th Aug 2004, 19:15
I'm sorry that the whole listing of Emerald Airways complaints can't be put in front of the Senior Management !!!

Its a great shame we havnt got a union & a rep at every base !!!!

And to quote someone else I saw leave a note on another forum

" I am also at Emerald because it pays the mortgage & bills just about, but leaves little else to survive with"

What good is a 2% pay rise each year (capped I may add at 8yrs)
EAE state oh well you get a bonus xmas payout each year - still pittance.

We would all rather have a decent payrise across the board for EVERYONE. (well not management they earn enough) Engineers, Office staff, cleaners etc - the people that really work hard at the lower levels !!!:{

Germstone
2nd Sep 2004, 14:31
just seen the latest rosters....and you can forget about any pay rise

looks like they have managed to recruit quite a few new people

though I do hear some are apprentices (numbers anyone???)....quite what they are going to learn at emerald i do not know.

......probably this is how you shouldnt do things in the aviation industry .

and you know what dada would say....."cues" dada

What good is a 2% pay rise each year (capped I may add at 8yrs)

hi

it is not a pay rise it is a loyalty bonus and as such is paid irrespective of any pay review......................pay review the swearword of emerald management!!!!!!!!!

a pay review is way long overdue

so MOB/AJ/AM heads out of the sand time and sort your staff out with some decent wages instead of creaming it all of for yourselves

or is it fat cats rule at emerald the others just scrape by

jeremy
2nd Sep 2004, 18:15
2 apprentices to be taken on in about a week I hear at Blackpool base >>>> poor fellows :sad:

AJ rumoured to be at liverpool now 3 days a week to keep a handle on where all his money is going !! and asking why suppliers arnt being paid.

Finance Director at Emerald also leaving - had enough so another tale goes >>>> not surprised at all >> thats 2 been and gone in the space of a year.

And one CEO over engineering went about 5 months ago >>> and no need to mention again who we got as a replacement - reputation precedes him.

What a superb company we work for ! NOT :mad:

Germstone
2nd Sep 2004, 20:34
poor blokes i bet they have no idea what they are letting themselves in for.

the best they can expect is

non existant pay ...nothing new there

treated like a sub species.......nothing new there

expected to go above and beyond all normal working practices..............nothing new there

all in all nothing new at this innovative backward thinking company

so much for the grand scam.....oo sorry plan

jeremy
2nd Sep 2004, 21:01
Emerald is the place to be
Come join the ever expanding fleet
Such a friendly company
They look after you well
Superb pay rises every year !
Training courses - provided you bond yourself to it
What more can one want
from this ever popular band of "Jems"

And if you believe all that - ur a :mad:

Well reading other posts on this site - Emeralds not on its own but it must be a contender for the crown of being crap to its employees.

We are counting the days now when the present CEO gets sent packing - we hope he gets blasted away soon - cant get a replacement thats any worse than him. Full of crap ideas & damn plans that arnt working & by all accounts from various sources hes not done that much since he took over only caused unrest with his ruthless attitude.

Does anyone out there have anything good to say about AM - has he done anything worthwhile ?

JETSTREAM KID
8th Sep 2004, 09:10
As a 'connie' who was blown out from Coventry during A M's night of the long knives I note the comments you guys are making with interest.
Is A M the same A M who was associated with the ill fated 360 operator Capital Airlines in the late eighties?
Is his personal Agency by any chance called Marshall&MacDonald?
Will Emerald ever get out from under?
Not if he's involved you won't.
You have my sympaphy.

Germstone
8th Sep 2004, 20:01
Is A M the same A M who was associated with the ill fated 360 operator Capital Airlines in the late eighties?

affirmative so i am led to beleive also had a hand in klm at norwich

jeremy
8th Sep 2004, 20:57
Yes its A.M. from KLM

Came to Emerald at the beginning of May alas - hes got 6 months to make changes >> as to what I do not know.

Rumours from sources are that hes not achieving much

Roll on end of Oct when I hope he gets the push >>>:D