PDA

View Full Version : Emirates finally launching back burner destinations

newscaster
28th Aug 2004, 11:31
EK will begin service to Seychelles from Jan 1 2005 twuce weekly A332 and they also plan to start flying to Seoul some time next year with an A340-300, both destinations had been put on hold since 2000/2001.

Interconti
28th Aug 2004, 11:37
Seychelles? Nice! Do the crews get a layover? Probably not as the flight time between DXB - Victoria might be around 4 hours so a turn-around would be possible.:8 :D :)

autopilot_99
28th Aug 2004, 22:25
NO layover :ugh:

GustyOrange
30th Aug 2004, 15:44
I've been reading a lot of rumours that GLA-DXB is going to go twice daily in the not too distant future.

This would be great news for travellers in Scotland.

Gusty

:ok:

AS739x
30th Aug 2004, 16:16
Is EK to San Francisco a 100% go for Jan. 2005?

Flightmapping
4th Sep 2004, 22:04
Gusty,

What would be the advantage to EK of going twice daily from GLA, as opposed to adding EDI as an additional destination?

KATLPAX
5th Sep 2004, 05:55
SFO-DXB would be very welcome. 3 weeks from now I go SFO-JFK-CDG-DXB (DL and AF). How long a flight would the direct SFO-DXB be? 18hours or so?

Joe Curry
5th Sep 2004, 09:18
What would be the advantage to EK of going twice daily from GLA, as opposed to adding EDI as an additional destination?

An EDI route rumour that was actually 'floated' by EK themselves,
one thats' gaining strength in light of CO's EDI-EWR 95%
loads - despite their own rival service from GLA.

GW76
5th Sep 2004, 11:36
one thats' gaining strength in light of CO's EDI-EWR 95%

Cough cough..."hearsay", cough cough
:)

akerosid
5th Sep 2004, 15:41
Still waiting for Dublin; come on guys, get a move on!

With Aer Lingus already talking about direct flights to Asia and even planning a DXB route (presumably to forestall any EK entry into DUB), the time must be right for EK to come to DUB at last. Being the only carrier flying directly to Asia/ME from one of Europe's fastest growing and wealthiest economies should be reason enough in itself. What are they waiting for?

GustyOrange
5th Sep 2004, 18:46
Mapping,

The benefit of an evening flight from Glasgow would be connections to the nonstop services to Sydney and Melbourne.

I'd have thought that would be obvious to you, being employed in the travel business. Obviously it wasn't :rolleyes:

Apart from that I'm not going to get involved in Glasgow/Edinburgh slagging matches.

Gusty

Confirmed Must Ride
6th Sep 2004, 11:00
GW76

Load factor that was mentioned is very acurate for EDI-EWR.....

Flightmapping
6th Sep 2004, 11:40
Gusty,

Yes, the benefits of 2nd daily from GLA are obvious, I was merely asking a question of relativity - 2nd from GLA v new flight from EDI. The way EK & DXB are going, I suppose we may get both.

As for the benefits of better connections, why are the 2 daily CO flights to EWR from BHX so close to each other. Surely these would have been better spaced out at different times of the day?

GoEDI
6th Sep 2004, 16:47
I think it would be wise for EK to start a service from EDI once the GLA one is well established, in the same way that CO have done, and it seems to be paying off big time for them. CSA have followed CO's lead, hopefully it'll work for them too.
As has been mentioned the CO loads at EDI are very much correct. :D

GW76
6th Sep 2004, 17:23
Load factor that was mentioned is very acurate for EDI-EWR
Im not doubting the CO load figures, but the so called EK EDI route rumour that is "gaining strength" seems to have been imagined ( hence hearsay)
You'll not get those fantasies on the CAA website.