PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair selection

MOBILE OFF
28th Aug 2004, 08:42
Does anyone have information of the Ryanair Technical and simulator check... urgently required due to intrv next week..

Thanks in advance

Artishock
28th Aug 2004, 11:46
I had an interview about two weeks ago with Ryanair, it's really nothing more than a little chat (takes about 20min). I passed but they told me Ryanair hired all the pilots they need this year. So the earliest you get to do your simcheck is januari or februari. Bummer! So can't help you out with the sim 'cos I'm waiting for it myself.
Let me know how it was...

skyman68
28th Aug 2004, 13:04
do you have to pay for the type?, do they offer you a job?

BigGrecian
29th Aug 2004, 15:11
RyanAir make you pay for type rating plus no guarantee of a job. Take a look @ http://www.ryanair.com/careers/pilots/pilot_criteria.html

Chuffer Chadley
30th Aug 2004, 13:39
Mobile Off

Shurely you are having a laugh? I am surprised that anyone is tempted by FR given the upheaval that seems to be just around the corner- paying for a TR, then working for buttons for a good few months...

...check out the thread on the Rumours and News forum for a glimpse of the shenannigans that are going on there. It would take a brave man to put up any cash for Ryan's "Opportunity".

Best of Luck

CC

Maxiumus
30th Aug 2004, 17:02
Regrettably it is the actions of MOBILE OFF and his ilk that allow O'Leary to act as he does. No worries about eroding T&C's, pi$$ing people off and have em leave, there'll always be some other fool willing to take over.
Where is your self respect Mob off?? Don't do it. You'llget a jump perhaps onto a 73, but its the like of yourself who is willing to jump over the backs of others for a small break that are ruining the long term. Are you seriously willing to drag down 95% of your career for that first break? Wait a bit longer, people are recruiting again and ok, you wait 6 more months for a job, but so what, your career will last 30 years.
It boils the blood, give it only a short few months of nobody willing to pay and all of a sudden the same people would get the jobs but for free.
Yeah its easy you think to say this when one has a job, but I guarantee you this: after 6 months as O'Leary's bitch, you will be wondering why the hell you prostituted yourself and I hope that at that time you think long and hard about the industries reduced T&C's, that you will have so many years to suffer, and how you played your own part in reducing them.

I suggest you read the thread "I will not pay for a T/R" in particular Scrogg's post.