PDA

View Full Version : Hhmo

alouette
27th Aug 2004, 19:43
Does anybody in the pprune community know where to get a helicopter hoist operator training manual? Responses welcome! Thanks:ok:

Spunk
27th Aug 2004, 21:09
Maybe this is of any help:

Training Manual (http://www.helirescueconsult.com/PDFs/training.pdf)

or you might want to contact the company...
Heli Rescue Consult (http://www.helirescueconsult.com/english.html)

paco
27th Aug 2004, 21:32
It's also a new bit to the helicopter pilot's handbook

Phil

alouette
28th Aug 2004, 07:44
I know that it is a new addition but JAR OPS 3 unfortunately requires to have this addition if one provides this kind of service. Those JAR's...:yuk:

Thank you anyways for the feedback. Cheers

JimL
28th Aug 2004, 16:54
Alouette,

I don't where these stories come from - certainly not from JAR-OPS 3.

The requirement in Appendix 3.005(h) is as follows:(b) Operations Manual. An operator must ensure that the Operations Manual includes a supplement containing material specific to HHO. In particular it will address:(1) Performance criteria.

(2) If required, the conditions under which offshore HHO transfer may be conducted including the relevant limitations on vessel movement and wind speed.

(3) The weather limitations for HHO.

(4) The criteria for determining the minimum size of the HHO site - appropriate to the task.

(5) The procedures for determining minimum crew.

(6) The method by which crew members record hoist cycles. When required, relevant extracts from the Operations Manual supplement shall be made available to the organisation for which the HHO is being provided.That is not to say that there should not be a section on HHO in Section D - 'Training' (as well as the required one - probably in Section 8 of Part A), of the Operations Manual (in fact most Authorities will insist on it). The transfer of passengers by hoist (human external cargo) in Commercial Air Transport should not be undertaken lightly and most operators performing this task will have supplements for SOPs and Training in their Manuals.

I suggest that the material contained on the site referenced in the post by Spunk would be a good starting point.

You might wish to make contact directly with your CAA to establish exactly what they might need - this is, after all, an activity that requires an Approval.

Jim

alouette
28th Aug 2004, 18:29
Thanks Jim. Well, I am new to this particular area of operations. Nevertheless, I appreciate the input.:ok: