PDA

View Full Version : MAS 330 Roster Problems

MAStake
27th Aug 2004, 16:48
About ten 330 pilots have handed in their resignation to move to greener (or browner) pastures in the Mid East. This is in addition to a group who will be leaving this week.
The rostering situation is so bad that some flights cannot be mounted.
Will anyone be held responsible for this state of affairs?

AloysiousHazardous
27th Aug 2004, 19:45
Sad thing is, no one but the Captains (and all flight crew basically!) are the ones who are responsible for any damages, bad report, high fuel price, bad planning, bad decision by the senior management, low morale, and all negative factors that may have an impact on MAS.

Is anyone going to be held responsible? Yup, the next pilot/crew who is going to question those (who can and should make life better for the crew) in senior management 'what are you guys going to do about it' will be held responsible. That is how things are run.....sadly....:ugh: :\ :confused: :* :{ :( :(

Virtual Reality
28th Aug 2004, 05:24
If there is any expat applying for this job, MAS (read as Blackie SB)will welcome them with opened heart (probably opened leg as well....) although they will be requesting not less than USD 10K a month, but if any Agung passport holder requesting pay increase, toady will say kiss my a$$, so why wait??:E

ryro
29th Aug 2004, 07:02
Don't think management will be sucidal to go for expats with the going rate at US10000.The roster on the 330 will be unmanageble by the last week of sept.The present roster is run with the 12 guys leaving end sept.As it is the sept roster is mostly without standby due to shortage.
By end of the year you'll have another 40 guys leaving so the fleet will most probably operate only the daily flights and the nitestops ones given to 777 or 747.So guys on the 330 can expect only daily turnarounds and minimum off days for the rest of the year unless they can stop the exodus.What this means is miserable meal allowance,very tight roster on daily flights and no leave granted.I will be the next one to leave too if this continue.And believe me more guys will decide to leave too with inaction at management.
The good thing for the 330 is that there are many airlines out there at present hiring rated pilots.

seven 330
29th Aug 2004, 15:51
MAS is in a state of denial as far as the 330s are concerned. In fact it is in a state of denial where all the pilots are concerned.

Refer to its latest ad regarding internet booking where it says that if the fares were any lower there would be nobody left in the country. I think the correct wording should have been that if the salaries were any lower there would be no pilot left in the airline.

Another case of a good airline with abysmal management

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

readtheplot
30th Aug 2004, 11:28
in the business as usual atmosphere there will be promotions all round especially for the top management. To avoid that loss of face thing. There will be no feeling of shame or of failure to duty, king and country.

GreatWayToFly
31st Aug 2004, 01:05
I was told by a group of malaysians in SQ(FOs) that MH is offering them positions in MH,similar deal to the group that was over in MH in early 90s.This will be for 340 rated pilots only.They will need to fly as FO on 330 for one year thereafter will be given command on the 737.All of them rejected it,pay way too low
IT IS THE MONEY.You expect them to be patrotic ,to serve country and king when you pay peanuts.
:} :} :} :}

Bob Hawke
31st Aug 2004, 05:50
...and this was one of those famous Malaysian verbal promises, right?

Traitor
31st Aug 2004, 08:36
It's Independence Day guys and gals. Time to shake yourself out of servitude. Assert yourselves and MOVE!!!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
31st Aug 2004, 15:24
Gentelmen,

At last you guys have seen the light and are leaving. Some great posts here and yes King and Country won't pay the bills and feed hungry children, you can bet your tennis balls on that.

MAS, what a great company with so so much potential, but alas, run into the ground continously by cretins. The management have tried everything such as race and religion to form camps here and there trying to divide and rule yet so full of empty promises. See, everybody that formed a camp of a$$es has been burnt. That crap just does'nt work and everybody knows it.

But through all the crap that has been tossed over the last decade and a half the one thing that would have made all staff happy and work harder has never been given and that is MONEY, MULA, GREEN BACKS!!!!!! Bloody sweet and simple. A real no brainer!!!

So at last it is the pilots (They call us glorified bus drivers) that will leave and screw up the airline. Why, because we just can't stand the smell of the cow pats spewing from their selfish, lying mouths.

There is a great shortage of pilots and it is only going to get worse. MAS will end up paying for expats at USD 10,000 per month. Why, because the simple economics of supply and demand will force the company to do so. And look at the cost, from uniforms to training to accomadation. Yet if only MAS paid market rates the pilots would stay and probably most of those that left would return and at the end of the day MAS would save money and increase productivity.(after all happiness is cash in the hand that puts a smile on the face and creates a productive happy workforce)

Gentlemen, there are no traitors from MAS just pilots that have had enough crap and just want market rates for plying their trade and there aint nothing wrong with that. Rather it is the management that needs to rethink its position from a global and cost effective perspective.

Toad, blackie and the other recalcitrants in management can kiss my EPR rated A$$ as far as I am concerned. All I can say is well done boys, stay united and keep leaving the market is ripe for the taking and the money is so much better. It is and always will be the pilots that are the backbone of any airline.

Sincerely,

Wooblah.

fhchiang
31st Aug 2004, 15:43
THIS might actually work to the advantage of NEWLY GRaduated Pilots Holding Frozen-ATPL in 2006/2007

lol...

there will be lots of vacancies for LOw hours unrated pilots...

AM i right?

Virtual Reality
31st Aug 2004, 16:07
It is and always will be the pilots that are the backbone of any airline.

Sorry Wooblah, the above statement is not true in MAS because pilots are just "NUMBERS" but HR is the truly backbone ....... :cool:

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
31st Aug 2004, 16:39
hey V.R,

Guess you're right, H.R in MAS stands for Human Recalcitrants. If you hearded all the MAS H.R staff together you still would'nt have 1/10th of a brain.

Old Smokey
6th Sep 2004, 14:11
A remark from a non-Malaysian non-MAS pilot....

It's a true shame to see what could truly be one of the world's better airlines steadily eroded by the rot from within.

The recurrent theme in the posts here, and in numerous other topics is management's 'fall-back' on the market forces cop-out to steadily and surely erode the positions of pilots.

It IS liberation day MAS pilot's, you ARE part of the market, your skills ARE highly marketable, and you ARE voting with your feet and marching to where the MARKET best rewards your considerable talent.

Traitors? - NEVER! It is you who have been betrayed!

Lots of luck in Sand Land.

Giant88
13th Sep 2004, 03:15
The roster problem has now affected the B777 fleet. I applied leave for Oct & Nov. Both rejected. Look like we have to do more cover for A330 roster. So far done CGK & DPS; which normally Airbus sector. But there is some good news though. Soon the B777 too will become like Airbus fleet... Just check this. Hope d toad & HR knows how to open & read this post....

http://www.boeing.com/news/breakingnews/2004/040910g.html

MAStake
15th Sep 2004, 14:02
I'm sure that now that he's a datuk (grandfather) his grandson can teach him a little bit about the net.

Virtual Reality
20th Sep 2004, 06:46
Or just a typical what Dr M used to say "Melayu Mudah Lupa ........." :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

realitycheck
20th Sep 2004, 07:51
Me thinks that the senior flt ops management could do with a reality check. Pilots in their prime are leaving by the ' bus loads ' and all they can come up with is a so called retention scheme(read as pension scheme) which only directly benefit the retirees. It will only add to the frustration of the majority of pilots . Too little, too late and too slimy :suspect: :suspect: :ugh: :*

7sex7
22nd Sep 2004, 07:39
u thk they r smart enuff to do the reality chks...??they cudnt be bothered,so long they have a jobbb..

ikan_terbang
2nd Oct 2004, 09:36
A poor package that did not retain well with the pilots

geo7E7
4th Oct 2004, 13:11
Emirates...err Etihad...err Qatar...err Koreanair...err China Airlines...err AirAsia here WE COME!!!! Man. it's really a tough pick though, but not that difficult to leave the present one...MAS!

All the best guys. See you on the other side....!

MASsenger
7th Oct 2004, 05:57
Spoken like a true worrier, goe7e7! I take it your next posting will not be from the sea. U r right, any of so many airlines out there. It`s for the taking, move your butts guys! geo7e7,good luck buddy!

capt wan win lo
22nd Oct 2004, 13:05
what do you guys exactly want the managememt to do?....maybe a RM20,000 pay rise will solve the issue...maybe!

ikan_terbang
22nd Oct 2004, 14:25
Being a NATIONAL CARRIER the goverment will give the green light to employ expat pilots at any cost to offset the exodus of malaysian pilots. The sad fact is the pilots salary will NEVER be increased. Never never.

capt wan win lo
18th Nov 2004, 15:30
well guys,no management that is backed by the government will succumb to any form of pressure from the pilots for a astronomical pay rise.MAS owes a duty of care not only to the 1000 odd pilots but also to the 20,000 odd other staffs.The most prudent decision parties to arrive at is to come to win win conclusion of the CA and if thats not favourable to you,then leave the airline for a greener pasture.I am quite sure only you know how much is your worth.The Company will definitely employ expats to keep the planes in the air,and do not expect them to pay you what the expats are going to get paid.Malaysians working for CAL and KAL do not get paid like the locals there,so 'siapa berani keluar lah':{ :{

MAStake
18th Nov 2004, 23:49
Another exodus from the 330 fleet end of november:ok:
Looks like the toad has not moved out of denial land under the coconut shell :confused: :confused:

I love to Cum Kuat
26th Nov 2004, 10:36
Go guys go!!! I applaud all those whom have their applications and resumes out.

Remember and know that your skills are marketable asia wide. Not Europe or USA, unless you have the right papers, of course.

Only the strong ant make it to the top of the heap.

Would like to know more?