PDA

View Full Version : Football first round

rmo757
27th Aug 2004, 15:14
So the football has started once again whats been fixed for our teams Celtic/Newcastle/Chelesa guess not alot around for first round at least ?

sparkymarky
27th Aug 2004, 15:22
The Celtic roadshow is certainly in full swing - and Ryanair at least are cashing in.........

http://tinyurl.com/58x38

http://tinyurl.com/5dfl2

johnwalton
27th Aug 2004, 15:50
Newcastle are playing an Israeli team in the first round, so hopefully that will bring an interesting/new visitor to NCL.

rmo757
3rd Sep 2004, 11:44
Just heard Rangers are flying outbound to FNC on Transavia B738

N.N.C
15th Sep 2004, 19:39
Yep,

We delivered them at 11:55 at FNC airport today.

Regards,

NNC

mmeteesside
15th Sep 2004, 20:11
Teesside got a Travel Service B738 today with the Banik Ostrava team to play Middlesbrough tommorrow night, supposedly sending another one to pick them up tommorrow night after the match.

For the away leg next week, a Corsair B743 and a Monarch A300 have been mentioned (MON for the team, CRL the fans)

Anybody know if anything else is due either tommorrow or for the away leg?

mmeteesside
MME Movements (http://www.mmemovements.tk)

holgate
15th Sep 2004, 20:49
Understand travel service 737 and CSA 737 arriving tommorow.

Come on Boro!!!!

WHBM
15th Sep 2004, 21:49
Isn't it strange that just about every team in Europe will arrive in an aircraft of one of their national airlines - except the British ones who quite happily go for operators from other countries if they happen to be £0.05 cheaper.

Same with teams to the Olympics, all turned up on their national carriers except team GB who apparently arrived by Cyprus Airways.

mmeteesside
16th Sep 2004, 06:21
The UEFA Cup works like this:

1st round - 2 leg knock-out
2nd round - 8 mini-leagues of 5 - top 3 go through
3rd round - 2 leg knock-out (24 teams from 2nd round, plus 8 knocked out from Champions Lge)
and so on.....

So if Middlesbrough get through this round then that means 8 more matches at least!

mmeteesside
MME Movements (http://www.mmemovements.tk)

holgate
16th Sep 2004, 08:52
Dont know what time the Czechs arriving at MME today.

Only info I have:

QS-104 departs Ostrava 13:00

QS-105 Arrives Ostrava 03:20,(tomorrow)
OK-7123 Arrives Ostrava 03:40,(tomorrow)

Anyone Know anything else?

Chidken Sangwich
16th Sep 2004, 09:23
Middlesboro team go out on First Choice, back on Excel - looks as if MON lost out again then!

GrahamK
16th Sep 2004, 09:56
With regards the team that Newcastle are playing. They flew into LHR, and then Newcastle Utd had to pay for a coach to drive them to and from Newcastle. They are also apparently staying in a B+B on the coast, as they are that skint! :\

rmo757
16th Sep 2004, 11:18
Yeap not seen alot of Monarch aircraft for football so far this year
Chelesa fans had XLA I beilive
Man U had a couple FCA/SCY/GRE

Bet it was fun for the Man U fans going out on Greece Airways / Air Scotland or what ever they are called !!!!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
16th Sep 2004, 11:33
For their match on Tuesday with Arsenal, PSV Eindhoven flew to Luton on a French Post Office 737-300 and returned on a Transavia 737-700.

a bristolian
16th Sep 2004, 11:53
Well some teams know how to travel in style.!!

Bristol Rovers will fly from BRS to NWI next Tues on a XLA B738 for the Coca Cola Championship.

MerchantVenturer
16th Sep 2004, 12:03
a bristolian

I think you may have made a slip of the typing finger (s) here.

Rovers would be delighted to be playing in the Coca Cola Championship but Norwich City would not be so keen, having been promoted out of it last season.

I believe it is the Carling Cup (the League Cup) that is being contested in this fixture.

It's all liquid in the end though and finishes up in the same place.

Are supporters also being allowed to travel on this flight or is it for team and officials only - do Rovers have 180 odd of these?

a bristolian
16th Sep 2004, 13:33
XLA charter is for team and approx 150 supporters via Thorntons
Travel ATOL.

Hoping to get maximum press coverage out of the flight as its not often the Rovers will get the chance to enjoy the benefits of flying !!

terrier21
17th Sep 2004, 10:19
Aparently there have been 90 supporter seats (if rovers can find 90).
I new there would be a BRS-NWI service before long!:E

rmo757
22nd Sep 2004, 09:37
Heard the NWI-BRS flight on XL was a great success all over the local news and going into local papers
good to see XL doing a good job

Fokker-off
22nd Sep 2004, 09:49
Are AEU operating footy flight again now ?

I know they had an incident a while back with Celtic fans but wondered if things had changed.

I havent seen them active in the footy market for a while ???

MerchantVenturer
22nd Sep 2004, 10:09
terrier

There was a piece on the ITV West News yesterday tea time that featured the Rovers players, backroom staff, directors and supporters leaving BRS and parading as a huge 'team group' in front of the Excel 738 prior to boarding.

According to the television reporter the 189 seats were all filled with supporters paying £180 each for the privilege.

I hope they had some of the exceptionally friendly and helpful Bristol-based cabin crew that we had a few weeks ago when we flew to Salzburg. That would have really made their day with one lovely lady calling everyone 'my lover' or 'my darlin'.

Only downside would have been the eventual outcome of the match.

Perhaps this might encourage the supposedly wealthier Bristol City FC to think about air travel for some of their matches 'up north'.

terrier21
22nd Sep 2004, 12:45
It would be nice especially if other teams adopt the policy and fly in for their away games, especially the mighty terriers playing at ashton gate this weekend.

Unfortunatly most if not all of these clubs would be out of buisness within weeks. Shame really