PDA

View Full Version : BA944 Captain - Job well done..!

phreegreens
26th Aug 2004, 18:37
OK, hands up… I have dished out a fair amount of agro to BA last week or so in these forums. I had my say on the strike situation, mainly as I am flying on the 27th to ORD, not on a firm’s ticket, with Mrs PG in paid for WT+ tickets. But I have to hand out praise where it was due and if one of the BA forum members can cross post to the Nigel’s Forum, then please do.

BA944 LHR-DUS 25/09. We are late boarding, fire alarm in T1, load of agro getting to the plane. We eventually get on board, all very hot and bothered and just wanting to get going.

Captain, I think John Tye was the name but maybe I heard that wrong, came off the flight deck, faced up the punters from the cabin crew mic and explained the delays. Apologised for all the other BA grief past few days, updated us on the revised ATC situation and generally gave the impression of a bloke that realised his salary was paid by the folks who were sitting on the A319 that BA had loaned him for a few hours.

Top job, for fronting the fare payers and not hiding away when things go a bit pear shaped. :ok:

pollypocket36
28th Aug 2004, 10:57
Thats fantastic to hear. All Captains and FOs take note. Don't just let the CABIN crew deal with it, we are a team. Help!!!!

Thanks for mentioning that. Good to hear.