View Full Version : citi express

gps117
26th Aug 2004, 15:58
finally have my dream job - start with ba citiexpress on 4/10 - really really chuffed

sammyhostie3
26th Aug 2004, 16:09
Well done!

But please dont think its BA or a way into BA!
Franchises/subsidaries arent everything.

If you search the forum that are a lot of posts on this very topic...

Good luck though

witchdoctor
26th Aug 2004, 16:17
Why would he/she?

Why on earth do people assume that landing a position at BA must be everybody else's ultimate objective and the crowning pinnacle of their career? That sort of arrogance is just why I steer a million miles from the place.:rolleyes:

sammyhostie3
26th Aug 2004, 16:23
Exactly witchdoctor!

I used to work for the "real" BA, and it was bloody awful!

But what used to get to me was the people who used to get in with GB/Citiexpress and think they worked for BA.

I mean lets face it, why would you want to work for the specified airlines under their independent names, without the name/livery/service/uniform of BA? No.
Hardly good routes.

But thats said, if he/she is a first time flyer it is experience to start them off.

Have you heard this!
26th Aug 2004, 19:10
Remember people might actually want to work for BACX as it suits their life style. I have lots of friends who work at BACX at MAN who love it! Also it's usually permanent.

Flying jobs out of MAN are totally different to what is available out of LGW/LHR . There is not the choice of airlines in MAN that you have down south. BA Mainline do not operate out of MAN and there is only BMI/BABY, BACX, VLM and thats about it. As we know BMI don't recruit that often BABY are crap and VLM is a joke! That only leaves charter - enough said.

Personally I would never commute from MAN/LHR to work for BA as the pay isn't good enough for all that trouble. So as you can see BACX isn't such a bad option after all.

GPS117 - As I said I have lots of friends at BA Citiexpress MAN who love it and it is actually quite a nice flying job. It's probably the best scheduled airline to work for out of MAN and the crew are lovely. I'm sure you'll have a great time and will enjoy it.

gps117
27th Aug 2004, 08:16
cheers guys - its only really sunk in today!!!!

chose citiexpress because i love living in manchester and didnt want to work in london, also they seem a good company to work for, cant wait

fully realsie that its not a back door route to big ba!

just cant wait to start

myt
27th Aug 2004, 13:50
Hi,

Just wondered why (have you heard this) considered vlm to "be a joke" just wondered cos I was considering applying, but have never really heard any gos on them.

Thanks
MYt

marlowe
27th Aug 2004, 21:59
Who says its not away into BIG B.A???? most of PLh base transferred to longhaul LGW and it seems that the GLA base is going the same way . Also citiexpress is a wholly owned subsidery of B.A 100%, I have a BA staff number ,my seniority gets me on to flights ahead of so called BA people for staff travel so what am i missing??? oh yea the bitchy im far superior to you attitude of mainline/ BAR staff, we all chuck meals and drinks at pax so what makes you better than me?

cabincrew1
28th Aug 2004, 07:21
At the end of the day it does not matter which airline we work 4, we are all there for one thing the saftey but some ppl seem to think we are there to do a full service only.

But its gr8 news gps117 i hope you really enjoy yourself at citiexpress:D

green-eyedbabe
28th Aug 2004, 07:32
At the end of the day it does not matter which airline we work 4, we are all there for one thing the saftey but some ppl seem to think we are there to do a full service only.

But its gr8 news gps117 i hope you really enjoy yourself at citiexpress

Have you tried working for Astraeus? sometimes you can feel the difference working for a different airline, after Astraeus anything is better, thats my opinion and I stand true to my word, any airlines who takes all the commission is not worth getting out of bed for. I agree with the safety bit but sometimes if your not happy with the company you are with and they mess you around its better to leave than stay and turn bitter like some of the ones I met.

Good luck Gps117, I hope you enjoy it there.

BA Boi
28th Aug 2004, 15:42
"Have you heard this!":

Just to clarify - we DO have a Mainline base in MAN. You can't apply to join there - you have to transfer there from another Mainline/ex-British Airways Regional base. Resultantly, it's quite a senior base.

"Marlowe":

The PLH CitiExpress crew DID NOT transfer to LGW WorldWide. BACX don't have transfer agreements with BA, as I'm sure you well know. They were given interviews for LGW WW - but they were on their own from that point onwards. The "so called" BA people you mentioned are BA people - they aren't pretending Marlowe. And finally, can some of the BA subsiduary/franchise employees like yourself please lose that anti-BA Mainline/ex-British Airways Regional attitude? It's just so passe! But wait a minute - could it be a case of sour grapes I wonder? You know, I think it just might be! :}

Have you heard this!
28th Aug 2004, 18:20
BA Boi,

British Airways at MAN is British Airways CitiExpress. You can't apply to BA mainline and start as a new recruit for them as it does not exist, which is what we are talking about here.

The base at MAN is wholly BACX and mainline crew work there on an old contract on the same flights as BACX crew. BAR crew will gradually go by natural wastage etc. and when they do everyone will be on the same contract.

Therefore as far as applying to work for BA MAN for new applicants it is BACX as BAR/mainline don't exist.

marlowe
28th Aug 2004, 21:27
BA BOI plh crew DID transfer to mainline at LGW please get your facts right, they also transfered with their seniority intact its also gonna happen for bacx crew at GLA when base closes next june

marlowe
28th Aug 2004, 23:18
The PLH deal was set up by the then head of cabin services BACX its true they were interviewed for the positions BUT this was a mere formality everybody who wanted it got it . The GLA crews know this, and thats why nobody in BACX at GLA is transfering out of the base cos they know the carrot is about to be dangled again. BA BOI there are transfer rights if you dig into the dark depths of the B.A terms and conditions ,go have a look you might be surprised!! It was these very regulations that were exploited at PLH by BA and BACX at the time. As for your sour grapes jibe are you so sure that i am BACX?? maybe i took advantage of the rules as well; i could be on the next jumpseat to you, how would you tell ? were all dressed the same you know , talk like BA, dress like BA, cancel flights like BA chances are you are BA!!!!!

Have you heard this!
29th Aug 2004, 12:39
MYT,

VLM potentially a nice company they just do MAN/LCY usually 4 sectors a day. Have got a few friends work here who say it is very disorganised. It is all controlled from Antwerp (crewing/rostering). Starting salary depends on how much flying experience you have with previous airlines.......??? so everyone is on different salaries.

Rostering seems to be very unfair and can be rostered upto 6 earlies in a row (imagine getting up at 0430 6 days on a run) and work 11 days on due to operating on belgium reg. Sometimes operate as single crew. Single days off. Crewing phoning you whenever they like, even when you're not on SBY. Sometimes do 6 sector days. More interested in service than safety.

Shame really, could be a nice little company but once again screwed up by disorganised management.

BA Boi
29th Aug 2004, 21:12
"Marlowe":

You are INCORRECT about transfers from BACX to BA Mainline - it cannot happen, you must apply externally if you are on a BACX contract that is not a BAR contract. If you are BA Mainline, as you are suggesting, you will be able to check the fine-print with our BASSA reps. Now, when you talk about seniority, what you mean to say is DATE OF JOINING. Yes, they kept the latter, but as for the former - they would have been bottom of the pile, and quite rightly so, as they DIDNT transfer and thus keep their seniority as BACX doesnt have a seniority system in place.
As for the rest of your ranting and raving - yawn.

"Have you heard this":

As stated earlier, we DO have a EuroFleet base in MAN, and when i say EuroFleet i do not mean BACX/BAR - I am fully aware that they have a base there as well. If you don't believe me check with one of your Performance Managers or your Cabin Crew Manager etc. But you are quite right in saying that you cannot apply to join this base directly - you must first do you time in another Mainline/ex-BAR base and then transfer. But then again, that is what I said in my response, was it not?

Have you heard this!
29th Aug 2004, 23:00
BA Boi

Sorry you're boring me now. I can't be bothered continuing this with you.

BA Boi
30th Aug 2004, 17:13
"Have you heard this":

Well, I think that your response speaks for itself. 'Nuff said.

marlowe
30th Aug 2004, 20:29
ba boi as i said before check your fine print on your terms and conditions as i said before, but you dont seem to want to listen or learn so i agree with the previous poster YAWN!!!!

Have you heard this!
30th Aug 2004, 21:36
BA Boi

Yes it does!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gps117

I am so sorry that this post has got so out of hand when really you should be having your moment of glory.

You always get people who think they are better than you or their airline is better than yours. I can't be bothered with this childish attitude. This is not the right post, it is clearly bad manners when someone is sharing their good news with everyone.

I would like to wish you all the best with your flying job. Make the most of it and enjoy. It really is a lovely job at Citiexpress, there are some fab people there, and it is a nice flying job too.

Hope you enjoy yourself and I wish you all the best for the future.

gps117
31st Aug 2004, 07:57
'have you heard this' thanks for that, i'm really lookignforward to strting - everyone had been really nice and had good things to say about the company

who do you fly for

Vuelo
31st Aug 2004, 17:41
Any news on new winter routes from BACX from either Manchester or Birmingham?

gps117
2nd Sep 2004, 14:41
any ideas on take home pay each month on average?

is flight pay taxed etc

sat here waiting on my medical argh!!!

gps