PDA

View Full Version : Restore point

Devlin Carnet
26th Aug 2004, 14:26
Hi,
Could one of you knowledgable people perhaps help me with a problem.
Windows ME
System restore will not allow me to create a restore point,
Whatever I enter into the box, it just keeps going back to a system snapsot in march.
It is not disabled.
:{
Thanks

Mad (Flt) Scientist
26th Aug 2004, 15:46
Are you creating a new restore point or trying to restore to an old one? There's a button choice menu on the first screen where you select one of those options (there is a third one, too)

If you are creating a restore point then it is for "now" and shouldn't be asking you for a date to fill in. If you are trying to rstore to an old saved point, maybe the March one is all you have (though that does sound odd).

Just random thoughts.

Devlin Carnet
27th Aug 2004, 10:44
Hi Mad,
Thanks for your reply,
I am trying to create a restore point, it gives me the dialog box to fill in to give the restore point a name, But after filling this in it just goes to the system snapshot again. and asks me if thats what i want to call it!

:confused:
I think an upgrade is in order :ok:
Cheers

Mad (Flt) Scientist
27th Aug 2004, 13:46
Have you tried not naming the restore point manually - IIRC it'll still tag it with date and time anyway. Maybe the "naming" part isn't working, or maybe Me doesn't like the name you're trying to use (though I assume you've tried multiple names).

I *think* I recall seeing something a while ago on Windows Update about restore points, but it may have been for XP. Still, it'd be worth checking there anyway.