PDA

View Full Version : Standown Op Fresco

The Gorilla
26th Aug 2004, 14:16
Common sense prevails for once!!

See Here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3600210.stm

Hope you Guys and Gals enjoys whats left of the summer hols!!

Regards

TG

:ok:

Scud-U-Like
27th Aug 2004, 04:47
Why do I think we haven't heard the last of this? As the employers roll-out further modernisation measures and the fireshirkers find themselves having to work for a living, no doubt the latter will start dragging their feet again. In any case, Scouse and Essex fireshirkers seem to regard striking as part of their terms of reference.

Leprechaun
27th Aug 2004, 13:59
Volunteer crews and stations remain untouched and lauded for their dedication!

All full time firemen sacked!

Fire brigade budget absorbed by MOD!

All UK firefighting taken on permanently by MOD. This would provide a strike free reliable professional service year round! As evidenced by the way we do all our business!

It would also provide much needed shore drafts for young sailors who are being tortured by back to back sea jobs at present!

It would help with recruitment as it would provide another plum for the careers officers to exaggerate!

Lep

Mikeyd
31st Aug 2004, 00:54
Re. PROPOSED SOLUTION TO LOAFING FIREMEN

Hoho very funny, a good fairy story, take a look at the recent public survey on trusting various workers.

Top of list: Firefighters-over 90%

Some way down the list: Military about 70%

Get your own house in order before you talk such bollocks. We want to stay on top of list, why don't you try to get there before you slag us off. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Why should we lower our standards to yours. I guess you can only aspire to our dizzy heights.

BTW LEPRECHAUN, good name, an "Irish fairy"

FJJP
31st Aug 2004, 06:16
Oh please, oh please,oh please, oh please - let's not turn this into a Military/Fire Service slanging match.

The Military and Fire and Rescue Services have for years worked alongside each other in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Please don't let politics destroy that bond - no matter who says what, at the end of the day the important thing is the men at the end of the hoses saving lives, and I really don't care if it is Private Scroggins, Air Chief Marshall Sir Timothy Bagwash-Gore, Leding Firefighter Williams or Station Officer Stratfordson.

Let's put an end to hostilities, mmmmmh? Please?

FJJP

Runway 31
31st Aug 2004, 17:20
Thanks for some sanity FJJP.