View Full Version : Etihad Airways

sinala1
26th Aug 2004, 08:24
Hi Folks

Sorry if that has been covered earlier, I did do a search over Pprune and did not find a terrible lot of information...

Just wondering if anyone has any infomation regarding working for Etihad as cabin crew? Things like salary, working conditions etc? I am also researching it myself through other means and will post any info I find on here...

Thanks in advance! :ok:

aeulad
26th Aug 2004, 09:34
Well you obviously did'nt look very far, there is a thread on page 2 entitld 'Etihad Airways' asking the same question!:hmm:

Regards

Mike

sinala1
26th Aug 2004, 09:56
Thanks for that Aeulad, but I did come across that thread and found that it contains questions only, and no answers - so was hoping that perhaps someone who missed that thread would be able to answer the questions?

Cheers

qfmike737
27th Aug 2004, 07:37
I went to Abu Dhabi and got offered a position with Etihad Airways. I didn't take it because I was offered another position in my home country. However 2 very close friends of mine have been working there for about 6 months now. They're loving it! They say that Abu Dhabi isn't the best base but it's only a 2 hour drive to Dubai!!!

They said they are enjoying long layovers and flights which are not too long. They get tips from about $USD500 from some of the Arab pax!

They originally planned on flying to get experience and maybe join EK but they are just happy to stay and progress within the fast growing company. The airline plans to be a major competitor with EK as the new national carrier for the UAE. I really dont know how true this is but Abu Dhabi is the capital.

sammyhostie3
27th Aug 2004, 18:14
QFMike,

Ethiad is the national carrier of UAE, EK never was in the first place.

The airline looks sure to grow, in fact they have placed orders for 24 widebodies to deliver over the next 5 years, including 6 A380's!