PDA

View Full Version : Employment at Silk

Shark Biscuit
25th Aug 2004, 06:13
Need some more info,

I am considering taking up a position with Silk as a FO. My current employment is providing me no future in terms of career path. I am touching the the wrong side of 30's and need to make move to get my career jump started in the right direction. They are offering a A320 rating which I do not have. The only experience I have is on 40 tons and lower as FO and the rest below 5700kg as command.

I have read "Chryse" wondering what he should with his situation having a secure job at present.

Are any of the Silk pilots willing to say what criteria they use to promote their FO's. Is the Sing ATP exam that difficult ie has anybody done it. I'd welcome some input added to what "Chryse" have asked.

Hopefully the grass is greener but not bitter.

MigratoryBird
27th Aug 2004, 03:39
Are any of the Silk pilots willing to say what criteria they use to promote their FO's.

You are looking at least to 3 years in the right seat, maybe more. I guess your decision depends on how eager you are to move across to the left seat. They promote FO's

Is the Sing ATP exam that difficult ie has anybody done it. I'd welcome some input added to what "Chryse" have asked.

Apparently, you have to write a "one paper deal" which is quite difficult. If you fail that one, then it is the raw deal: about 6 exams...

Hopefully the grass is greener but not bitter.

The grass is always greener: it depends if you have green sunglasses on... ;)