PDA

View Full Version : Uk Mainland To Guernsey

Bottles
24th Aug 2004, 13:51
Just wondering which UK airports have regular flights to Guernsey, whether they be seasonal or year round.

It's been a few years since my local, LBA, has seen such a connection. It was Jersey European back then with a Dash8, Air UK before with an F27 and for many years prior to Air UK, good old Dan Air plied the route with a 748.

LBA still has a year round Jersey link, courtesy of British Midland and it is well used by the blue rinse brigade. I wonder if it would be feasible for Aurigny, Air Southwest or Eastern to pick up Guernsey, assuming that such carriers do likewise from other regions.

Answers on a postcard...

BOTTLES

Flightmapping
24th Aug 2004, 14:06
Bottles,

Try:

http://www.flightmapping.com/maps/UK-Ireland.swf

I hope that answers a few of your questions. MAN would be the closest bet for direct flights to GCI.

Trislander
24th Aug 2004, 14:13
Only carriers with regular svcs operating ex GCI are:

Flybe - SOU, BHX, LGW, EXT
Aurigny - LGW, MAN, BRS, STN, BOH, EMA.

Bottles
24th Aug 2004, 14:22
Thankyou Trislander and Flightmapping. Evidently quite a few UK airports enjoy a link to Guernsey, but it's interesting to note that Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle also miss out when you consider the plethora of leisure and business destinations available from these airports. My sister has taken a few holidays in Guernsey and has had to travel from Manchester on each occasion.

Wonder if anyone from Aurigny or Air Southwest ever reads these forums.

Flightmapping
24th Aug 2004, 14:35
Trislander,

How about Euroexec from Shoreham? Are they still running - I know they don't show up in OAG etc, but their website looks live.

Bottles, I'm sure the airlines consider routes all the time, but the market for GCI is not aswell developed as for JER, and the runway length stops operators bringing in larger a/c there.

eurostar builder
25th Aug 2004, 10:36
Bournemouth (with good cash point) to Guernsey
with Aurigny and Rockhopper