PDA

View Full Version : Skynet Ailines?

eoinok
24th Aug 2004, 09:37
Anyone got any info on this crowd? When they shut down there earlier in the year they were suposed to be back up and running by September with new routes to Russia (destinations slip my mind) from the Anglo Russian Airport (SNN)

I noticed on this forum that there is another crowd, eirjet, also supposed to be starting up from SNN, and three of the guys listed on their site are ex Skynet guys?

Their site is being "Updated" for the last 6 weeks now!

Bagso
24th Aug 2004, 11:02
We had heard that they may have had a re-think and were now looking at

Moscow - Manchester - Moscow - three times a week. Mon/Wed Fri

...with connections on via BMI, Delta, AA, US Air, CO. etc

It would probably make more economic sense.

If they did choose the UK and specifically Manchester over Eire they would get a very cost effective route.

Manchester now has a growing network of about 15 daily services a day to the USA and Manchester's connections in this regard are far superior, it also has has one of the largest economic bases in Europe.

In addition the Russian market is vastly underserved from the North West so again it might make sense.

Vuelo
25th Aug 2004, 14:30
And don't forget Transaero start a weekly Manchester to Moscow in September 2004. Selling well I hear!

Flying Mech
25th Aug 2004, 23:37
To the best of my knowledge Skynet are the only airline I have ever heard of which have no A/C, No Cabin Crew or Pilots for the last few months and are still "Trading". I suppose it does away with Tech Delays and Crewing problems! I think most of the Cabin Crew anf Flight Deck are working for Islandsflug for the summer.;)

DUBXH
27th Aug 2004, 16:54
From what I hear they are happy with the position that they are currently in. The 737's went back to the states. All crew/pilots etc... as well as Service providers have been paid off and Skynet now boast no debts...

Rumor has it they are now going to focus on Longhaul Trans Atlantic ? Anybody able to shed any light on that? And will they be planning on joining IATA this time ??