PDA

View Full Version : current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate?

run
23rd Aug 2004, 22:32
This may be a stupid question, but when you apply for an Airline job they often list:

"Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate"

So does that mean you have to have taken it within 6 months? or is one year ok?

Guess I must be getting tired. Must be 6 moths since that is what is required when working for the Airlines.

Blinkz
24th Aug 2004, 09:39
I don't really understand the question. It means that the medical certificate must be valid and up-to-date. I don't know how long the FAA medicals last, here in the UK our JAA ones last a year when your under 39 I think and so every year you need to goto a doctor and get it revalidated.

Lee-a-Roady Moor
24th Aug 2004, 09:57
As Blinkz said, under 39 - valid for 1 year; 40 plus - valid for 6 months (for Uk CAA), obviously requiring renewal every 6 months. But maybe I missed the point of the question also....:confused: ;)

The Greaser
24th Aug 2004, 10:13
An FAA class 1, unlike CAA, is valid only for 6 months regardless of age.
However it still remains a valid medical for operations requiring class 2 or 3 medicals after the 6 months ie. it is valid for 12 months for operations requiring a class 2 medical and valid for 24/36 months for operations requiring a class 3.
Sounds to me like the airlines would want your class 1 to have been taken within the last 6 months so I would keep it current to that level if you are looking for jobs.