PDA

View Full Version : BMI BABY - "where’s the logic"

blackbox
23rd Aug 2004, 13:18
The add for BMI baby has now appeared in flight international for there "Logistics control": Logistics control manager / senior logistics controllers / logistics controllers / logistics officers..

why, why, why - do low cost airlines feel the need to glorify the name??

What was wrong with "operations department"?????

bacardi walla
23rd Aug 2004, 14:19
Sounds like a high profile job with low levels of pay :confused: Everybody calls their Ops department "ops department".....locos want to be different :p

Banzai Eagle
24th Aug 2004, 14:01
Logistics

Maybe the Ops n Crewing guys n girls will be part time storemen as well as i thought that's what logistics was ????

VIKING9
24th Aug 2004, 14:32
Maybe full time in stores.....looking for spares ! :{

surely not
24th Aug 2004, 17:51
Maybe it is an ex military man placing the add, an ex member of the Royal Logistics Corp (or should that be Royal Corps of Logistics?). They probably have the most revolting Corps tie of any unit, it rivals the MCC tie in cricket!!

Crewing Doctor
4th Sep 2004, 07:23
Maybe it's because it is a combination of both ops and crewing. if you post ops jobs then just ops people apply, if you post crewing jobs then just crewing people apply, so how do you get both? Change the title and give a discription that fits.

Quite simple really

bartelby
4th Sep 2004, 19:33
Quote: combination of both ops and crewing

Is this also a new way forward for Loco's

Combining Jobs and saving money, I hoped this would never return.... You just end up with a Controller that favours ops and leaves a lot of S..t for the crewing manager (sorry I meant logistics manager) to sort the next day.

Looks like you will be busy Doc

bacardi walla
5th Sep 2004, 08:49
Yep, saves money which is what locos are all about. Why have 2 people getting stressed when it can be reduced to 1 :confused:

But as bartelby points out, a controller who favours Ops may just leave most of the crewing work to the manager, but by then, it may be too late ! I remember a case years back when this happened and a whole crew was still at home on SBY when they should have been in the crew room. Said controller blamed the "ops" workload for the oversight. He was right, CFMU went down and he spent most of his night shift re-planning and re-filing plans and completely forgot to call out an early crew !:suspect: