PDA

View Full Version : Drive Image 7

None of the above
22nd Aug 2004, 17:13
I've never really bothered with back-ups (yes, I know) with the exception of having the most important files replicated on scattered discs. I now feel that I ought to take a more structured approach to the task largely due to the number of digital photos, scanned images etc, that I do NOT want to lose. I've been giving some consideration to Drive Image 7. Does anyone have any thoughts, for or against, that you would be prepared to share?

Thanks in advance PPRuNers.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
22nd Aug 2004, 17:36
None of the above,

I use it with my corporate clients and it work flawlessly as advertised. :ok:

Take Care,

Richard

None of the above
22nd Aug 2004, 17:42
Heavens, that was quick Richard!
Thanks for the endorsement.
I'm working on the assumption that you just keep feeding the machine with CD-Rs until the task is complete. For instance I have about a gig's worth of files in the 'My Pictures' folder plus sundry other bits and pieces that I don't want to lose. Would that be the case?

Thanks,

N o t a

Naples Air Center, Inc.
22nd Aug 2004, 17:49
None of the above,

Two more options for you are:

External Hard Drive to do Backups to.

Install an Internal DVD Burner.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Just lucky on the timing. ;)

None of the above
22nd Aug 2004, 18:50
OK Richard, thanks for the additional info.
I'm off to place an order with a well known South American river.

Ta!

N o t a

Spitoon
23rd Aug 2004, 17:41
I'm using it and it's great - does exactly what it says on the box. With one reservation.

I don't know what is currently shipping but there is a large update and bug fix on the PowerQuest/Symantec website - about 50mB I think. Made my copy work - straight out of the box it seemed to tie up 100% of the processor time and make almost no progress!

Naples Air Center, Inc.
23rd Aug 2004, 18:02
None of the above,

My apologies, I am getting my software mixed up. All this time I have been talking about:

True Image 8.0 (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)

True Image is a great program and will save you some money over Drive Image 7. You can purchase and download it off the net.

Just a note, Drive Image has been discontinued, but all features are available in Norton Ghost.

Take Care,

Richard

None of the above
23rd Aug 2004, 19:26
Spitoon and Richard.............

Thanks for your replies Gentlemen. Contents noted.

I've just had an Email from Amazon (whoops, advertising!) saying that it's on the way.......... Drive Image 7 that is.
We'll see how we get on. If there are probs then it will no doubt be a character forming experience!

Richard........ see your PM's in a mo.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
23rd Aug 2004, 20:17
None of the above,

In reply to your PM:

I do not see any problems with you mentioning Amazon in the forum.

I was quoting, "Drive Image™ has been discontinued, but all features, and more, are now available in Norton Ghost™ 9.0"

From the Symantec Website. (http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/sat1/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=39910&SID=27674&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=625186&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=399100000046643)

(If that link does not work, just click on "Buy" on the Drive Image 7 (http://www.powerquest.com/driveimage/) Web Page and you will see where it tells you it has been discontinued.)

Richard