PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Requirements

south coast
22nd Aug 2004, 09:07
Can anyone tell me if Netjets consider people with a frozen atpl?

I recall seeing an advert sometime back in flight international from Netjets saying 1500 tt, eu passport, and a f atpl.

But I have also heard that a full (unfrozen)atpl is now what they are looking for.

I have a fatpl and meet their hour requirements and am really trying to get a reply from them after sending them my cv for a year now.

Can anyone please shed some light on this matter.

Cheers

High Wing Drifter
22nd Aug 2004, 10:23
Just to add to the rumour. They advertise for an ATPL but apparently, if you are just the sort of chap they are after you can join whilst frozen. However, I would expect that to include at least 700 PiC.

Wouldn't it be just all round better if these companies made their requirements clear and where they were willing to be flixible, even via PPRuNE possibly. They would get the sort they are looking for, we would know what hour building and training to concentrate on and know when and who to apply to instread of these flippin' Chineese whispers.

Come on employers! Get your act together.

south coast
22nd Aug 2004, 20:16
Thanks HWD

Great name, if it is a derivitive from one of many classic westerns made by the all time classic gun fighter with no name...?

After sending a CV to Netjets, have you or anyone else ever received a responce or acknowledgement.

High Wing Drifter
22nd Aug 2004, 20:27
Thanks and yes it is. I love those movies :)

I'm no where near your stage yet. But like all information in this business I just got talking to some people and this the general impression I got.

south coast
22nd Aug 2004, 20:32
a quote from my favorite in that genre...

there's 2 kinds of people in this world my friend, those with loaded guns, and those who dig...and you dig....

aaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaa, ding ding ding.....

Buter
23rd Aug 2004, 18:53
South Coast

Sorry, mate. I have a good friend who is currently hour building to un-freeze his ATPL (30 hours short) for a start date with Net Jets in September. He was only interviewed because of many friends in the aviation industry and most of his hours have come on corporate jets.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but such is life.

Cheers,

Buter

south coast
24th Aug 2004, 07:16
Thanks Buter....

I meet the hour requirements for issue of the atpl licence, just need the multi pilot type rating....(i have over 500 hours on the beech 1900, which we have been flying multi crew, and the uk caa with a letter stating this from my employer accept these hours as multi crew, even if actually on a certified single pilot airplane)

So, although I dont have the ATPL, on completion of a type rating, I would be entitled to it...do you think this may be acceptable to Netjets?

Buter
25th Aug 2004, 18:31
If the lack of a multi crew type rating is all that stands between you and your ATPL, you should satisfy their minimum requirements. I spoke to my friend earlier today and it was his opinion that you should get in contact with Net Jets. I'm sure they receive CV's each day from pilots who satisfy the minimums, hopefully you can satisfy their other requirements.

Best of luck,

Buter

Cap Loko
25th Aug 2004, 22:08
south coast,

To answer your question: I am/was in exact the same situation, also on Beech 1900 hours. I have been in the office and they (including Monica) assured me it wouldn't be a problem. You can do your ATP during the typerating.

On the interview:

Some tech questions regarding your current plane, JAR/OPS and some (pretty straightforward) cases.

Good luck!

south coast
26th Aug 2004, 08:26
Thanks for those last two comments, have given me hope....

Do you recommend I call Monica and talk to her personaly, or write her a letter.

Thanks for your advice.

Haffa
26th Aug 2004, 10:07
Dont get carried away

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139691

Cap Loko
26th Aug 2004, 10:30
If you haven't had a reply from them it is certainly wise to give them a call, as i had received a confirmation letter that they keep my cv on file (for 6 months).
Keep your cv updated, say once every 6 months. A call will help too but certainly don't call or update too many times as this will slow down the HR department as they said. Also, walk-ins are not really apreciated as the office is very busy. But you may manage to make an appointment.

I don't know your experience but it is rare they will hire 1500 TT's altough it happened. Average TT of new hires I guess between 4000-5000 with a diversity of backgrounds.
Usually it will take some time before somebody is invited for interview so you need some patience.

Regarding myself; Looks like a good company to work for, tried really hard but my background is not interesting enough for them (have been flying in Africa last 2 years...). Pity, but there are more companies that are interesting enough for me.

good luck!

south coast
26th Aug 2004, 14:12
Thanks Cap Loko...

I did try calling them, but the lady who answered just played the telephone recording of their requirements.

Yeah, I do not quite fall into the 4000-5000 hour bracket. More like the 2100 hour bracket with 1800 of it on multi engine turbine aircraft.
I have also spent 4 years flying in Africa, and still am, and thats the problem, I still am and after spending kazillions on the JAR licence, I want to make use of it and Nets are the people I find most interesting.

I will leave them alone for a while now...

south coast
27th Aug 2004, 11:35
thanks very much mike....

i have PM'd you, and after reading your profile my first question has been answered.

all help and advice will be gratefully accepted.