PDA

View Full Version : Air Nostrum/Denim Airways

abracadabra
21st Aug 2004, 17:11
Does anyone know what the relationship is between these two?

Are Denim supplying Air Nostrum with ALL their turboprop pilots? Or just a few?

Also, is the Air Nostrum turboprop fleet separate from the jet fleet? Or can Air Nostrum turboprop pilots get promoted onto the CRJ?

I've read a few posts on this but can't figure out from them nor from the respective websites what the situation is.

Would appreciate any help and information!

Thanks,

-abra

peluco
21st Aug 2004, 21:55
Denim was owned by Air Nostrum, but it was sold , and many of the Fokker 50 and their pilots are now working for Air Nostrum. These pilots from Netherlands are working here, so if there is any possibility to promote to CRJ 200, I think they can.

abracadabra
22nd Aug 2004, 17:10
thanks for you help peluco

so I gather that some of the fokker pilots are Dutch (from Denim) and the rest are Spanish.

do you know if the same applies for the dash fleet?

pablo
23rd Aug 2004, 22:00
Hi!

As far as I know the fleet are not separated, just some dash are PH reg. Spanish pilots promote from the ATR and DASH to the CRJ, but I dont know if the same applies for ex-denim pilots.

I think they got rid of the fokkers, and they now only operate CRJ, ATR and DASH.

Cheers!

Fokkerdriver
29th Aug 2004, 09:57
Hello!!

Denim Air is a wet-lease company flying for several bigger companies of which Air Nostrum is the biggest contractor.

We still operate Fokker 50 and Dash 8 in Spain. All the PH registreret aircraft are crewed by mainly Dutch people. It is not possible for Denim Air crew to advance onto the CRJ.

Hope this answers your questions!!

Best regards from Spain.

abracadabra
29th Aug 2004, 16:46
Thanks for all your helpful replies.

I'm going to be cheeky and ask if anyone knows anything about pay and conditions on the Air Nostrum Dash fleet (not Denim)....

PPNJ doesn't have anything about Air Nostrum.

-Cheers!

ECHIE
30th Aug 2004, 15:48
Hi,

I am a atr type rated pilot and interested in joining airnostum. Can anybody tell me what the pay is(starting f/o) and how many years to command?

Gracias,

Theo

eijk1234
1st Nov 2004, 14:57
Hi guys,

I work for Denim Air, so I hope I can explain this complicated situation a bit for you.

Denim Air, like the fokkerdriver said is a wetlease operator. For Air Nostrum we operator right now 5 Dash-8 and 6 Fokker 50īs. This is all very seperate from air nostrum.

Air nostrum has some 19 crjīs, 18 Dash-8īs and 4 ATRīs. Give or take a few, not totally sure about those numbers. If you work for them you would normally start on the Dash-8 and move to crj after 2 years. But in recent times Air Nostrum is getting fed up with all the training costs, for when you move to the left seat it would be back on the dash-8. So now they are sticking people in either division and keep them there. The ATRīs are planned to be faced out and should be not a big factor.

To work for Air Nostrum you would require the following:
- fluent spanish, otherwise forget it, they wont take you
- a very nice friend in a good place in the company

If you donīt come from this region and the last thing doesnīt make sense to you, well I can say this. In past times you might come in if you are a nice guy or girl and you fly well. But now things are more tight, not so many people get hired. So the only one that does, is the guy or girl who knows somebody in the company. Maybe things will turn for the better in the future but right now it is like this.

About the terms:
Well we (the pilots) really blew this one good for our selfs. It used to be a sweet deal. They pay your type rating, and you start at a reasonable salary (for a turbo-prop driver that it). Thing about 2000 euro as an f/o. But because there are so many eager-beaver pilots who are willing to pay money to work, air nostrum could not resist any longer. Now you HAVE to pay your own type rating at 20.000 euroīs. Also the salary is gonna be **** the first year or two. I donīt know the correct numbers but it is well rumoured that the guys get less then the stewardesses. And they make about 900 euroīs a month so that canīt be good.

So the only ones that seem to start now in Air Nostrum seem to be guys with loads of money and good connections, who know that it will be hard times at first but that the victory is at the end. Because all set and done it is a financially great company. I regularly fly 6 legs on a day where all planes are full and it is all regional business class tickets, so not the cheapest ones. Nice feeling sometimes.

Sally, if you are surprised by these things but have an interest in flying in Spain I would suggest you to try Vuelling or Iberworld. They seem to offer higher chances for people from abroad.

gl with all

abracadabra
30th Nov 2004, 18:04
If they're requiring people to pay for their own ratings, would having a Dash-8 type rating and a load of experience on type help at all?

eijk,

thanks for your informative, if depressing, reply! :cool:

arugbarbarroja
1st Dec 2004, 16:53
Good old days flew away from Spain.