PDA

View Full Version : Font Problems

Special Limitation
21st Aug 2004, 16:43
Just bought a wizzy new Epson PHOTO R300 printer. Everything works just great until I try to download a Email when the font size increases about 600%. It is the same regardless of which of my providers I use. If I download the mail to my desktop and copy it into Word or Notepad it is fine, and if I read it on the comp screen the format looks correct, it only happens on the final printed hardcopy, and I am bu**ered if I can work out why. I have never had the problem before and I have not changed any settings other than install the relevent drivers. Can anybody help?

Spitoon
21st Aug 2004, 18:22
Do you mean that it prints at 600% size or looks 600% size in your e-mail client (Outlook, Eudora or whatever)?

Special Limitation
22nd Aug 2004, 11:33
Hi Spitoon

It only prints the actual text of the Email in super large font. The headers remain in the correct format as does the image on the computer screen. I auto download using Outlook Express from Hotmail and Nildram, my two accounts and everything looks and works exactly as it should until I use the printer. It even looks correct on the printer preview facility, but it prints the text of the email HUUUGE.

ORAC
22nd Aug 2004, 13:15
Possible solution. Change the font size to "smallest" in both Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, restart your PC, and then change the font size back to "medium". You do this as follows:

Font Size in Outlook Express.
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Read tab, click Fonts.
4. In the Font size box, click Smallest, click OK, and then click OK.
5. Exit Outlook Express.

Font Size in Internet Explorer.
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the View menu, point to Text Size, and then click Smallest.
3. Exit Internet Explorer.

Shut down and restart your computer.

Repeat as above but resetting back to Medium.

Shut down and restart your computer.

Print out a message with your fingers crossed.....

Special Limitation
24th Aug 2004, 17:17
Thanks ORAC

Its back in jolly spiffing condition. I think it was Internet Explora causin the probs because O E was already in 'small font' but thanks anyway.

S L