View Full Version : QF Perry boxes a thing of the past.

Ascent
21st Aug 2004, 12:59
I see in a few of the papers today that QF is about to ditch the perry boxes for hot meals on all QF flights as part of its new domestic product.

Sounds like a lot of extra work on a short hop. Are they going to put extra crew onboard ? Itll prob save u guys a heap of grief, dont know how many times i have seen crew being compained at because of the perry box. They will have to upgrade the IFE (passengers will get bored if they dont have a perry box to whinge about)

any other enhancements you guys are allowed to tell us about or do we have to wait for wednesday, rumour is austar are talking to QF :D

goodluck

flapsforty
21st Aug 2004, 22:43
Eerily familiar story BC.
We might be employed on opposite sides of the globe, but exactly the same is happening with us! :*

Bodum
23rd Aug 2004, 08:56
Straight from Cabin Crew News.

On Short Pm Cityflyer services, ie SYD MEL, SYD BNE (50 mins) on A330-300 aircraft we will have a 12th crew member.. May help a little however I fear until we get used to it again, serving a hot meal with bar to 305 pax in economy will be a challenge. Not just that but offering a choice of 2 hots in Business to 38 pax, will certainly be interesting.

To any QF Shorthaul crew out there. (and Long Haul operating domestic sectors) This needs to be done as per procedure without rushing so that if it doesnt work, managament will see. As a CSM I wont be afraid to tell our pax to stow their trays under the seat in front for landing, and nor should anyone else. Remember, we can only do what we can do. Oh, and dont forget to fill in those Crew feedback forms..We need them if it needs to be changed.

Happy flying all :uhoh: