PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Contracts

one truevoice
20th Aug 2004, 11:41
Does anyone know who has won the handling contract for Air Berlin when they start operating into EGCC on the 1st November?

Also rumour has it that Monarch and Virgin are leaving Aviance and moving to another agent, any idea's?

Thanks

OTV:ok:

Sir George Cayley
20th Aug 2004, 12:32
er.....um.........

Swissport?

Just a wild stab in the dark!

Sir George Cayley

one truevoice
20th Aug 2004, 13:46
Sir George

If I knew the answers to the questions I would not have asked in the first place, yes Swissport have been linked with Virgin and Monarch, however to the best of my knowledge nothing has been set in concrete. I was wondering if anyone else knew more.

On the Air Berlin contract I have no information on that and am curious as to who will have the pleasure of dealing with them.

My thought is that if all three go to Swissport, will they be able to cope with such an influx of work all at the same time.

rampman
20th Aug 2004, 19:41
I belive Ringway Handling Services have got the air berlin contract which are part of MAplc. Monarch have gone to swissport but i do not know about virgin.

this is only a rumour but i belive BMI are looking for a new handling agent they are not very happy with aviance

:ok: rampman

Vuelo
20th Aug 2004, 20:21
I believe that there is to be a bit of terminal tango at MAN this winter. Virgin to T1 and Monarch to T2...this would tally with the fact that VS are getting in to bed with BMI (codeshares due shortly on BD transatlantics), and the fact that Monarch are swapping handling agents.

There is also a very nasty rumour which was kind of confiirmed today by PIA staff that they are looking at a move to T1 also....eeeek!! We will never cope with thier transit flights at T1!!!

Danny_R
20th Aug 2004, 20:58
I was under the impression BMI management had a meeting with MAN management the other day… and on the agenda was moving all operations to T3....

mantug01
20th Aug 2004, 21:19
Air Berlin - Servisair/GlobeGround T1

Monarch
Virgin
BMI
+ others
All swissport

No Chance of PIA on T1, thats just daft!! There are only 5 stands you could park them on

BMI Would be good on T3 But again where would you park the A330's?

Danny_R
20th Aug 2004, 21:23
Are there not plans for several new stands to be built by T3, which should be able to accomodate wide-bodies?

Thought I heard somebody mention this, although I could have been dreaming :O

Caslance
20th Aug 2004, 21:27
BMI Would be good on T3 But again where would you park the A330's? Emirates used to operate A330s from T3 with no difficulty - BA have done the same with 747s and 777s.

Vuelo
20th Aug 2004, 22:01
Have not heard the outcome of the BMI meeting to discuss their move to T3, but will keep you posted.

With BA 1x 767, AA 2x 767, BMI 3x 330 it would seem to be a bit of a squeeze at MAN T3, plus could the Immigration and luggage systems cope? There are only two luggage belts at T3 international.

Whiskey Zulu
20th Aug 2004, 23:37
As Monarch have recently moved their offices and crew report to Olympic House, very nice offices they are too (finally) I really can't see them moving their operations to T2? The pressure on on time performance of crews walking all the way to T2, would not be acceptable. Neither would the cost of crew transport for every flight.

Getting rid of Aviance on the other hand is a lot more likely. Basically, they just didn't have the staff or equipment to cope with the contract. Promises have not been kept and emergency meetings held recently indicate their time may well be up.

longarm
31st Aug 2004, 15:01
Announced Today Monarch are switching from Aviance to Groundstar at Manchester. I believe as of 1st November.

Vuelo
31st Aug 2004, 17:36
Aviance are having a bad time of it at the moment - what has happened to their management?!

Apparently the Swissport desk at T1 is to be re-branded as a Swiss desk, so they are staying at T1 then!

TCX G-FCLH
31st Aug 2004, 22:43
The GroundStar desk at T1 was rebranded ages ago. The Monarch contract was announced last week, Swissport are also starting Swiss from tomorrow (Sept 1), and KLM will follow rumoured to be around Oct 1.

BMI and bmibaby are rumoured to be joining Swissport from Aviance.

Aviance is currently finding it hard at Manchester, as Swissport offer a more reliable service.

Monarch are staying at Terminal 1, and Virgin are staying at Terminal 2.

Mark

Vuelo
1st Sep 2004, 11:17
So what are the rumoured terminal moves??