PDA

View Full Version : Irish Pilots: Where & How to fund training??

wannbetrainee
19th Aug 2004, 16:06
Hi

I was wondering if the are any irish pilots out there that can give me some help.

Firstly i am hoping to train at Pilot Training

www.pilottraining.ie

and do there complete modular course which costs approx €52000.

Does anyone know if this is a good place?

Secondly how can you finance the cost of this training as i cannot afford it without a loan. There seems to be alot banks in the UK and USA that will give professional studies loans but there does not seem to be any in ireland. Also as far as i know most banks in Ireland will only lend you up to €25000.

If anyone knows where i could get a professional studies loan in Ireland or some where that specializes in aviation training loans, please tell me, i have looked every where.

Thank you
JC

jordie
20th Aug 2004, 07:25
Hey JC

I'm in the same boat as you. It seems impossible to get a professional loan in Ireland. I asked the bank i've been dealing with the last 10 years if they could give me a loan for that amount and they thought it was the crazy thing ever. I think it's mainly because none of the banks have taken the time to sit down and learn more about the type of loan we're looking for.

I know Flight Training Europe were suppose to be in talks with Bank of Ireland with regard a professional loan scheme but not too sure how it went. I emailed them yesterday to see if there has been any update but I do remeber them saying that AIB wouldn't entertain it at all.

I'll keep you posted if I here anything back from FTE.

Jordie

cliste
20th Aug 2004, 09:02
hi Guys,

There is a way ! please pm me .

Cliste

redout
20th Aug 2004, 10:55
Hey Guys

Try the Credit Union, they just started doing Further development loans for education. One of the headings it states to cover besides 3rd level is career development, give them a try!!!!

FLYbyWIT
20th Aug 2004, 13:24
Not trying to be smart but!, Is it beyond you to work for a year or two to at least alleviate the huge loan. Nothing worse then looking for your first flight job then doing it with a loan hanging over you.

ketchup
20th Aug 2004, 18:27
Same problem, only I'm trying to fund a cpl/h course, any information on loans would be greatly appreciated...

jordie
24th Aug 2004, 14:46
Hey Cliste

Check your pm's