PDA

View Full Version : Toad Eats Humble Pie

MAStake
19th Aug 2004, 15:38
Heard on the grapevine that da toad went over to a certain emirate to beg them to stop pinching the pilots from MAS.
Apparently he was sent packing.

Or was he over there to look for a job himself? :E :E :E

emilio69
21st Aug 2004, 22:12
hmmm... next time dont be too cocky with your own self...looks like another trip to the doc's office will be in the works soon when he finds out when the next bunch of traitors are leaving.. :{
as for trying to get a job there..:} :} :} ...there is an opening for a local chapter of that thingy talking club that he is soo fond of..

Shintaro9
22nd Aug 2004, 11:48
There is a big difference between an airline pinching another airline's staff and staff from the airline going over to the other airline. This is the way I see it. And for Toad to go over and ask the other airline not to pinch his staff reflects on his skin...which is undeniably thick. Also he is not qualified to call pilots who leave traitors as he is/was one too. The pot should not call the kettle black (sorry black sam...not referring to you).

MH pilots have realised that they are now marketable and are brave enough to make the decision to venture out. And for those who have ventured out, they have found that the sacrifices that they have made have been worthwhile.

Whilst we (those who left) felt that MH was a great airline to work for, all of us left because it cannot pay us the salary that we were looking for. Some of us needed the money to recover from stock market crash, some to fund our childrens education, some to save money, some buy more houses, some spend money, some to pay alimony, keep mistresses and so on. Basically most of us left because of the financial situation, and not that MH was a bad airline.

We also felt that flt ops management was also a push factor that made our decisions to leave all the more acceptable. Mind you, if the money in MH was close to what we were looking for, we would have tolerated and stayed (some people would take this to reflect loyalty). However we assessed the situation and felt that it might be better salary wise in another airline. At the end of the day, whether you fly for MH or another airline, you are going to be tired. When the renumerations are good, the tiredness seems less and that gives you satisfaction. :D . If there is job satisfaction in MH, I am sure that threads of such nature would not have been posted here and pilots would have stayed.

And being called traitors really sucks :( . Do you know that those who left have brought nothing but praise for MH. Our new airline are happy and impressed with our performances. And we sell only good stuff about MH, as we still consider ourselves MH pilots, as you would still consider yourself to be the old boy of your school or university. We see more MH pilots who stayed condeming the airlines more than those who left. In this respect, those who stay are not loyal.

And why the animosity towards those who left. They too left out of loyalty you know. Loyalty to the family. This is priority number 1 for them cos they want to be a good husbands/fathers. And on top of that we're still Malaysians and we're patriotic supporters of our sovereign government. So when we hear or read remarks that we are traitors, we can only react with sadness.

And why call us traitors. When we wanted to leave, we gave notice, MH said ok, clear your leave, do the formalities and go. Feeling was mutual what. We left and bring good name to MH, whilst MH turned around and called us names, namely traitors. By calling us that maybe it is hoped that there was an inkling of sabotage so that there is justification that when the roster cannot run, and operations come to grinding halt, flt ops folks came blame it on those who left.

Here is the justifaction. Pilots left MH for better pay. And management allowed it. How many more pilots must leave before managememnt does something. Stop going to other airlines and telling them not to pinch your pilots. Tell your new chairman to stop playing war games, tell him the real picture. Ask the new chairman why so many pilots have left.

Start planning and do some work. The irony of it, some of your so called traitors might be the ones to rescue the company. God bless MH.

Giant88
23rd Aug 2004, 14:29
Shintaro9, that was a good one. Just hope Toad does know how to get connected to internet read your post.... Good luck..

Traitor
23rd Aug 2004, 15:24
It wasn't easy to make the decision to leave. Not many people would leave the security of an airline that they have been serving for many years. But taking the big picture into consideration I realised that MAS had not shown me much loyalty in the time that I was with them. Like a whole horde of others I opted to leave when the offers came. And I personally have no regrets about this move.

The people who ran and are running Flight Operations have done a great disservice to MAS and the nation. Over a period of years MAS has lost the cream of its pilot community to EVA, CAL, KAL, Asiana, Emirates and Etihad (to mention just a few.) No effort was made to stop the exodus except a couple of visits to the above-named airlines to ask, plead and threaten them to stop taking in MAS pilots.

This particular tactic was first practised by doctorcon and later used by his sidekick the toad. However they had overlooked the initiative and the aspirations of the pilots. When openings came up they left in droves.

And they are leaving AGAIN!!!!!!!

The pilots left in MAS are mainly made up now of has-beens:* , rejects:{ and the ex-air force:yuk:

There has been no accountability in Flight Operations. The camel, doctorcon, joseph, 001 and the toad have been getting away with their incompetence for such a long time that it's become the culture. They have been responsible for the pilot shortage, and yet nobody pays the price. In fact the toad has been given an honorific. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why did I leave? For all the reasons stated by shintaro. But above all because I recognise the culture. There is only so much stupidity I can stand.

squak7700
24th Aug 2004, 12:53
Heard that pygmy alias bonsai alias toad is haul to PNB.Apparently PNB heard about the mass resignations and were still furnish report from Flt Ops recently of "ALL IS FINE".PNB got to know about this from an insider,who fedup with the inaction told the story to his cousin,high ranking guy in PNB.

emilio69
24th Aug 2004, 15:05
Traitor..much that i agree with you on a lot of things you have posted..however i feel that your statement on most of the guys who are still with MAS is a bit far fetched.Yes i do agree that there are a few oddballs around..tell me one company which does not have one!...the fact is there are still a lot of the guys there whom i have very high regard and respect until today,some of them have given me a wealth of knowledge which i bring with me to work every single day(too bad with a diff company!)...the only problem is THESE type of people are being put in cold storage in mh coz da toad/bonsai/hobbitt/whatcha-my-callit and his gang cant stand people who are a lot much smarter and brighter than them...EGO ma!This type of disservice is really bleeding mh,and i bet you the pain of watching all of this happening really sucks!!
Back to the point i want to make...there are a lot of reasons why people want to stay or leave..we have to respect that.What works for you and me may not work for the rest.But the way the current top bosses in flt ops are working...you can be sure the exodus will keep on flowing...the way that the aviation market is today,there are a number of airlines who will make you feel more appreciated..

So my friends..keep sending your resume n i wish all the best..
:ok:

ps...great posting shintaro9

Rule35
25th Aug 2004, 18:01
shintaro...

Great post and i your sentiments are all agreable EXCEPT the i think the only 1 to call you guys traitors is the toad...which of course we all know is the biggest 1 of all to king , country and pilots!

emilio....
Thanks for the good word to those of us not in the 'bunch ':)

AloysiousHazardous
28th Aug 2004, 12:45
We all have our reasons for leaving and those who stayed back have their reasons as well. As far as we have been fair while under their employment, we are no traitors. Those who bitch are not as well. Hey, the grass is always greener the other side and bitching happens everywhere, in every industry, as we are only humans, and only humans bitch, except for female dogs that is! :ugh:

But to say that most of the guys who are still in MAS are has-beens, rejects and ex air force is a little too harsh my friend. As Emilio pointed out, there are still creams of the crop in MAS and I am sure we all have to agree to that. I know how Traitor feels, but we should acknowledge this fact. Some guys actually have it good in MAS. Right timing for promotions etc… so, why leave? Are they rejects? No, because no one rejected them, they are not has beens as well as they are still so young with P1 rating on the wide bodied jets already, and majority are not ex air force as well.

Cheers mates. Let us not forget our comrades who are unable or are not willing to leave MAS for various obvious reasons. Good luck to them and may our departure have blessings upon them!
:D

SuperRanger
28th Aug 2004, 14:32
Aloysious,

thanks for the kind words. if anything good were to come of these spate of exodus (which i seriously doubt :mad: ), we only have you guys to thank. my hats off to you guys for having the guts to make this bold move. wish my situations allowed me to make a similar move.

never mind what the toad said as far as we are concern, you are still one of us. can always count on us to offer you guys a higher level ;)

:ok:

SR

seven 330
29th Aug 2004, 07:00
:ok: :ok: :ok: . I'm OUT and HAPPY.
Good Luck to all of you who can't wait to leave.

...... and RICH too!!!!!!!:E :E :E

cressidom
31st Aug 2004, 10:00
Isn't doctorcon due for retirement ?..sorry guys a little out of touch here, I left them back in 95 for another multi national.
No nothing to do with flying ops etc. (well not at that time anyway), but after serving for 5 yrs various depts.and then to get this big chunk of change as your base pay at the 'new'place..wow..and growing and learing ,experiencing the grass on the other side..my colleagues who are still there and committed (for their personal reasons)..still don on thier uniform and have not made any headway (if any at all)..still earning chump change and having to 'beg' for a bonus each year...that's sad. I hope the company makes a 180 and starts to buck up soon..or they'll be another exodus soon.

MAStake
1st Sep 2004, 02:07
Deadwood floats around and attaches itself to anything that it can suck the life out of. Doctorcon is alive and continuing his parasitic existence.

readtheplot
1st Sep 2004, 10:15
The toad is, not if anything else, focused. Focused on acquiring titles before and after his name. Just like any politician. And conducting exercises in futility as if toads can master the art of human speech. And the lackeys are also focused. They think that they can buy intelligence(MBA ?) with their ill gotten money.

Virtual Reality
1st Sep 2004, 16:24
On the second thought, Toady, Dr Conman, Joseph, Blackie SoB, Taleban and the rest of their 'kuncus' are actually very smart people, intelligent and brainy.:yuk: They know how to exploit the situation and excel themselves in many ways that we never thought of. Put it this way, MAS will never go bust, will never ground the plane, will never worry about the uprising fuel cost, will never etc .... etc ... because it is owned by govt !!!! Don't you know that MAS is actually "Jabatan Penerbangan Malaysia", a sister department to DCA. That is the reason people in MAS is just typical govt servant. Never improve and never want to improve !!! Still a Third World airlines and only (luckily) rated 4 star. Don't you know that all this while Petronas was the one who sign your pay check !!!!

For those who are still in MAS, you may have your own reasons to stay behind, good luck to all of you and certainly our comradeships will last forever, but for those who don't wan't to be exploited and treated like a prost, lets move on and stop cursing them. If you are smarter than them then let them sort out the mess. Lets worry about how much $$$ we can make before our retirement age. After all life is too short to worry about the mess in MAS and we are DISPENSABLE anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but all I want to do now is laughing all the way to the bank and enjoying my precious moment flying a brand new bird with The World Leading Airline ....:ok: I have paid what I owed them and its time to be rewarded accordingly.

Cheers:cool:

emilio69
3rd Sep 2004, 10:42
...hmmm...the world's leading airline....keep discovering......see how we shine.....the list is endless....think about it my mh friends....;)

MAStake
6th Sep 2004, 14:59
The World's Best Cabin Crew ........... and The World's Worst Management.

Traitor
23rd Sep 2004, 01:40
Is it true that da toad has changed profession? Was seen carrying baggage and feeding horses.
Or has MAS changed his terms of reference?

squak7700
23rd Sep 2004, 05:18
Yeah true.He was in K Trengganu running errants while the sultan was riding horse.Think the sultan need some mounting facility,so he thot TOAD will be short and stout enough to act as one when he mount his horse.

Rule35
23rd Sep 2004, 09:12
And all this while i thought that he was trying to be proactive and emulate Mr.Fernandez...helping with excess baggage and all......

seven 330
24th Sep 2004, 02:28
Methinks it is extremely insulting to compare the toad to CEO of AA.
it's like comparing a donkey to a racehorse.

7sex7
25th Sep 2004, 16:28
sure its at TGANU n not Kbaru???Donkeys will be donkys forever