PDA

View Full Version : Aviation in New Zealand??

loomit
19th Aug 2004, 13:47
hey all,
i'm trying to find out about flying jobs in New Zealand.I am from South Africa(22yrs old) and hold a CPL with instructor rating, with 400hrs on light singles and twins.
Willing to fly anything..
any info would be much appreciated!!
Thanks!

(email: [email protected])

Oktas8
22nd Aug 2004, 06:26
Loomit - if you be more specific, people will be able to help you.

Which web sites have you already visited? Do you already know how you'll convert your license? Do you need a living wage, or do you have savings you can use for the first year? How much instructing time do you have? On which aircraft?

"Willing to fly anything" - how about willing to fly anywhere? for anyone? for any amount? Jobs are to be had, but not necessarily for pay & conditions that would keep your significant other happy!

Hmmm - this was supposed to be helpful, not discouraging. However, it will give you an idea of what specifically to find out next.

cheers,
O8

loomit
22nd Aug 2004, 07:38
thanks for the reply O8, was helpful.
I've been to a couple of internet sites,basically just the main airline ones, but nothing too helpful with my low hours..
Do you know of any good ones?
I have 200hrs instruction on tomahawks& cherokee's. willing to fly anywhere, for anyone.. i'm single, so can go anywhere. Although i would need some pay, but just enough to get by is all i need.
Not too sure about converting my licence..

thanks again!

Thump & Go
22nd Aug 2004, 08:19
Hey Loomit you're on the right track - you can spell licenCe correctly at least.;)

Oktas8
23rd Aug 2004, 09:05
Try the country areas. Tower Aviation (Whangerei), the outfit at Kerikeri (can't remember the name), the aero club at Kaikoura north of Christchurch. The smaller places are normally keen for senior c-cat instructors, which is probably where you'd fit in to the NZ scheme. There are many other places that you could fit in to, providing you showed yourself to be the right person for the job. (And 60% of that is to show yourself in person!)

You can find out how to convert your license here (http://www.caa.govt.nz/fulltext/TTMR/Flight_Crew_Recognition_Info.pdf).

Common sence really Thump&Go... :E