PDA

View Full Version : BA Citiexpress Jet First Officer Jobs

Talking Checklist
19th Aug 2004, 12:23
Anyone got any ifo on this - Pay rates / how many vacancies available / bases available etc?

Megaton
19th Aug 2004, 12:27
Unless you're a member of BALPA a good first point of call is http://www.ppjn.com/

Gazeem
19th Aug 2004, 19:16
I'm surprised that they have had to advertise in Flight -

although they are still peddaling the old '1000 hr+ or integrated course and 50 hours in the last six months' line. :confused:

When will these people ever learn??

Runs for cover -- incoming!

witchdoctor
20th Aug 2004, 07:34
Unfortunate they still put those requirements on their web pages as they have made it clear to those who enquire that modular graduates are welcome to apply too. The only hard and fast requirement is the 50 hours currency requirement. However, unlikely in the extreme that low hours, non-rated bods will move straight onto the jet fleet.

flystudent
20th Aug 2004, 08:47
I hear that this advert was run accidentally by Flight and shouldn't have been in there.

Would make sense given the current backlog they are processing.

FS

Leviathan
20th Aug 2004, 09:04
Below are some words, which may be useful to original poster, found elsewhere on Pprune; respect to the author for the info.

Anyone on the inside care to expand on opportunities for pilots type rated on either jet type operated by BACX?

"Most of the info is here but a bit of background that isn't. Just because an aircraft is parked up some where every night doesn't necessarily mean it is based there.

The 2 145s at EDI operate CDG & BRS. They also operate through BRS to CDG helping provide the extra frequency on the BRS-CDG since AF pulled the route.

Two Dash 8s will soon be redeployed to EDI and IOM where crew bases already exist and lots of local pilots were faced with a move to manchester only to then nightstop back at their "home" base. First bit of common sense ever seen in BACX.

No crew base at BHD. The Dash 8 and crew are a MAN nightstop - all x-BHD crew moved to BHX or MAN largely onto RJ100.

At least 2 of the RJs,although crewed by touring BHX and MAN crews are officially BHX/Man based, operate from EDI to LCY and thorugh to GVA and 1 other operates LCY-FRA again as part of tour. These aircraft are roteated naturally with the weekly flying program.

Finally in this months issue of the flight crew newsletter (PRAVDA), GMFO stated recruitment was to be on going to cover massive expected pilot turnover (especially jet F/Os with lots of hours and no command prospects for the next 5-10 years !). So looks good for a rolling recruitment program.

Although there will be 8s at EDI, IOM and SOU all recruitment will be MAN on DHC8 unless RJ/146/145 type rated as regional slots fully bid for for the foreseeable future."

Leviathan

RED WINGS
21st Aug 2004, 15:06
Jet jobs I have been told are only open to those with 1000 hours of airline experience with at least 300 hours jet time.

As for modular students I think they are the prefered option out of 6 people I know who got in, only one was integrated although he did hold an icao cpl prior to taking UK integrated course.

Hours ranged from 300 fresh out of IR up to 1500 hour FI's

Hope that clears things up.

Trainee pilot
22nd Aug 2004, 10:19
I have heard differently to the fact that apart from the basic requirements stated on their website, for the jets you need a minimum of 300 hours of multi turbine experience, thats all.............

witchdoctor
23rd Aug 2004, 09:42
Like anything in life, the requirements will go up and down depending how easily they can find people to fill the vacancies. Friend of mine who is an F/O on Dash 8 Q400 went a while ago for interview and they wouldn't consider him for a jet position, they would only offer him the Dash 8. No shortage of hours or turbine time, but guess they weren't desparate for jet pilots at that point.

High Wing Drifter
23rd Aug 2004, 10:40
And like all industries and employers, I bet that what they ask for on their website is seldom what they will accept, for better or worse?

CheekyVisual
23rd Aug 2004, 14:54
Although I work for Citiexpress I'm not sure exactly what the recruitment bods are looking for for what. What I can tell you is what I have seen occurring around the bases.

No matter how many hours you have if you are not type rated on the 145 or RJ you will not be offered a jet position. The direct entry jet pilots I have met in recent weeks are all ex Swiss (crossair) 145 drivers.

There is a shortage on all fleets which is about to get a lot worse. However there are a lot of people serving their time on the Dash who have put the hard work in and will get those jet positions on the basis on seniority which is only right and fair.

The company can make a case to BALPA (not that they are that much use) that direct entry on to the jets by type rated pilots saves training costs and cutting costs is the holy grail. (They are just no good at it !)

However, having said that knowing how big the exodus could be (if a lot of guys and girls are successful in their interviews) jet progression may not be long in coming.

Good luck to all trying no matter what they say there are worse places to be than the Dash in MAN !