PDA

View Full Version : BA Longhaul

tom24
19th Aug 2004, 08:42
Hi

I'm going on a long, long flight with BA (World Traveller) tonight using a 744. I went online to reserve two seats and to my surprise found two seats in the front row of my section with no other seats in front of me (there seems to be the toilet/food prep area). I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this area likely to be full of crying babies and cots, meaning I can't stretch my legs anyway, and;

2. Will I have my own personal TV screen, asked on the basis that everyone else has the screen on the seat in front of them.

I'm in row 40. Any advice appreciated on whether this is a wise choice, as I don't want to be regretting it for 13 hours!!

Cheers guys

Jet II
19th Aug 2004, 09:58
Its highly unlikely that you will have someone elses toddlers in front of you, although the first row of economy is usually reserved for families with babies (the cots fit onto the bulkhead in front)

The video screen is on an arm built into your seat.

Have a good flight.:)

Globaliser
19th Aug 2004, 13:49
The bulkhead seats in row 40 appear to be good because you get lots of knee room due to there being no seat in front, only the wall.

But these are the positions where the bassinet tables are, so there is a chance that you will be close to a baby. Which seats have you got? If it's a DE or FG pair, then you're unlikely to have someone else's baby on the table in front of you but there might be a baby on the table in front of the other pair. If you've got two seats out of the ABC block, then it's possible that the third person is the one with the baby.

The other thing to know about these seats is that while the knee room is good, the foot room isn't. You can't push your feet as far forward as you can when there's a seat in front and you can get your feet all the way up to the retaining bar at the front end of the underseat stowage area. For this reason I dislike bulkhead seats on long flights, because I like to be as close to flat and horizontal as I can get for the best sleeping position.

MarkD
19th Aug 2004, 14:23
Also, don't bring too much handluggage as you won't be able to put it under the seat in front (coz there isn't one) so it will have to go above for t/o and landing.

Have done LHR-YYZ in the A seat, bulkhead and it was fine, IIRC the DEFG is where they put sprogs.