PDA

View Full Version : Air West Africa

viaEGLL
19th Aug 2004, 08:04
About 10 yrs ago i was invited for some interviews at half penny green , this company was going to fly a bi-plane around gambia.I got offered the job but later declined, i just wondered if anybody was there and if this company actually got off the ground???;) ;)

Boss Raptor
20th Aug 2004, 18:31
Was around/in The Gambia from mid to end 90's and there was certainly nothing like that there or even talked about - I dont even recall an AOC being registered in that exact name - a biplane around Gambia? country is small but I could imagine a single engined air taxi operation to go up river and to do joy rides for the holidaymakers around BJL - but a biplane no...

viaEGLL
21st Aug 2004, 07:32
Thanks raptor ,its a good job i didnt part with £5000 bond they wanted at the time to secure my training in the states.It was an old russian bi-plane as well so that would have been interesting i think to fly tourist around was the idea.The then CAA seemed a much better choice for me.:ok: :ok: :ok:

Treetopflyer
21st Aug 2004, 13:41
Would that be an Antonov 2?

Boss Raptor
22nd Aug 2004, 11:13
Defo no AN2 in BJL now or in those times...many similar plans to do this with choppers and singles but never come to anything

learr
22nd Aug 2004, 12:08
I think i saw the airplane a few days ago in COO Cotonou Benin waiting for some fret, the crew were from Russia.

learr

Boss Raptor
22nd Aug 2004, 20:46
That is probably an 'Africa West Airlines' AN12 from Togo

viaEGLL
23rd Aug 2004, 07:12
I believe the pictures they showed me were of the ANT 2. I think the whole thing must have just collapsed after every person they gave a job to turned them down and they said recruiting in the good old US of A would be easier.Shame though, they were actually nice guys. :ok: :ok: :ok: