PDA

View Full Version : Blackbushe Mis hap

pax britanica
18th Aug 2004, 13:26
Driving past Blackbushe today saw what appeared to be a tarpaulin covered single (Rockwell Commander??) nose down in a ditch while buried in the same hedges that devoured the Beech jet earlier this year.

Often stop off to have my sandwich lucch at BB which always seems a nice relaxed place for letting people watch so hope occupants OK and plane not too seriously damaged. Just puzzled how it got into that position all the way down the western end of the runway and into the ditch.
PB

cringe
18th Aug 2004, 22:33
Obviously not a single, but a Raytheon Premier I overran there in April. Luckily the pilot was only slightly injured.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/2004/040407-0.htm

Edited to add that this plane has apparently been recovered the day after the accident, so it's not the one you've seen.

pax britanica
19th Aug 2004, 10:01
Cringe

Thanks-no I saw the previous incident with the Raytheon jet and the wreckage was gone inside a couple of days. By the wy your entirely appropriate use of the word 'luckily' was nevertheless a huge understatement as the plane was absolutely totalled -wings torn off huge holes in fuselage -he was one lucky guy.

The reason I posted message was I could understand why the jet ended up in the ditch-presumed hydraulics failure therefore no brakes no spoilers short runway is going to be a disaster at jet approach speeds. Much harder to understand with light single which unless it landed over half way down would probably come to stop in remaining length even with brake probs.

PB

srs what?
19th Aug 2004, 15:07
Rockwell AC11 or AC14 apparently bounced on 2nd approach went of side of runway and didn't stop till it reached it's resting point where you saw it. Quite a long way off side - a bit worrying really.