PDA

View Full Version : Minimum qualifications required?

flyingdogguitar
18th Aug 2004, 12:29
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what are the usual minimum qualifications when trying to get into corporate flying? Are there any limitations on an applicants age, as I'm an oldie?

Many Thanks

Dave

TD&H
18th Aug 2004, 13:32
You might be old, but what qualifications/time/experience?

Some of us have come into aviation rather older than their early twenties, but that can be an advantage in Business/Corporate aviation if you have useful business/management experience that can help in all the other aspects of running an operation, rather than just flying an aeroplane as in the airlines.

However you're still going to need the flying experience to be of interest, and there needs to be an opening whereby a company is willing to pay for your type rating.

727 exec
18th Aug 2004, 23:26
Nowadays, the minimum requirements are often dictated by the insurance companies...and these, of course, vary dependant on the type of equipment used.

Age can be a benefit - you're not likely to run off to the airlines!

flyingdogguitar
19th Aug 2004, 07:58
Hi Guys!
thanks for the replies. I guess by posting this thread I've probably put the proverbial Cart before the Horse! As I say I'm 42 years young and currently work in the Oil Industry which I detest to put it mildly. I've just started my ATPL ground school with Bristol and I only hold a PPL on both helicopters and Aeroplanes with around 200 TT. As soon as I can get over this first hurdle of groundschool I'll have the necessary funds available fot CPL/IR/Multi and MCC, but I guess that'll still leave me a long way short of being a viable proposition for most flying outfits?
Any further comments will be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Dave