PDA

View Full Version : Flying jobs abroad

AdobePilot
17th Aug 2004, 17:20
I'm living in the U.K. and am wondering if there are any job opportunities in Africa, or the far East for someone with only 200 hours or so on their ATPL. Flying PA34s - that sort of thing. Is Africa a good place to look, and how do you go about looking? Any suggestions? :O

outboundjetsetter
17th Aug 2004, 17:42
I would suggest u go somewhere like the states or new zealand (cheap flying) and get some IF experience ... build up atleast 500 hrs and then look at africa.Be honest with yourself, can u see yourself flying a pa34 ifr with 4 moaning punters in the back while your doing an intstrument approach?.

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Aug 2004, 17:59
There's always Maun in Bots. Do a search on this forum and find out when they start hiring (think it's early in the new year), get out here and start knocking on doors and irritating chief pilots. We all had to start somewhere......:ok:

AdobePilot
18th Aug 2004, 20:20
Thanks for your help guys. Maybe getting a flight instructor's licence is the way to go, so that I can build up my hours. I don't think I could afford to get another 300 hours even at the US prices! :\ Otherwise I'll have to take a leap of faith and buy a ticket to Maun. Cheers.

Jangys
20th Aug 2004, 10:48
Stay in London and keep out of Africa for us would ya. Enough of us around here looking for Jobs.:ok: